• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Tomato temp question

I have 20 plants I'm hardening off on deck here in sc. They are in 1 gallon containers. Weather had been 50's for low, but will be 38-40 for next week. I read lows of 50 is fine, but that below that can stunt their growth. But part of me thinks who cares if they slow down a bit and people cover tomatos with sheets in frost and the plants are fine. We aren't going to have a frost at these temps, do I have to move these plants to garage overnite, Which will be best I can do, they will have to go outside In the 38 degree weather a anyway in the am before I go to work. And its 38 before the sun comes up so what he hells the difference? only cold for a couple hours i guess. Thoughts on these temps and advice? Thanks.

I've had them survive 26, they were already in the dirt, I turned the sprinkler on. It happened to be one of the best production years ever.

You should be fine. The advantage you have at this point is they're in pots.

Back