• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Tomatoes.......................perhaps?

Here's the start of my tomato season........about 2 months ago...

IMG_3195.jpg

Heres the 3 flats of 72 + seedlings...

IMG_3384-Copy.jpg

And heres a shot from today...........over 240 / 1 gal plants

IMG_3389.jpg

with over 30 varieties.................more photos to come as some of these get planted

Greg

Damn they look great! Looking forward to seeing the varieties you have growing there!

Salsa abounds Greg!

Oh man can you say HomeMade Salsa, those plants look good and healthy. I just got my first three lil maters off a porch plant and took all 3 of them and one red savina, clove of garlic, salt pepper, was not much but the flavor was so much better then gassed storebought :dance:

Yea I know I am relatively new here, and I love that rig you got with the mini-greenhouses, is there a blog on this site about those? They look really functional and effective...Thanx for the post

Edit: PS I just noticed a few lil yellow flowers coming on, good deal!

From what I've seen of your plants, they always look healthy as, Greg. Awesome work!

Bet that patch smells great too! (OK, a bit weird. But surely I'm not the only one who loves the smell of tomato plants?)

Damn they look great! Looking forward to seeing the varieties you have growing there!

Salsa abounds Greg!

Thanks man.......i can't wait to get an over abundance of them. Sometimes for breakfest I like to cut up a variety and stew em up till semi tender with some fresh thyme, oregano and basil........put it in a bowl and sope up the remaing liquid with some good Italian bread............."breakfest of champions"

Awesome. I just put a tray in my hydro set up on Sunday.

That sounds great...........I haven't done hydro but the group at the grow shop had a few "Huge" plants growing under a 1000w HID . The plants were supported with some laterial placed nylon trellising. Those plants were pumping out floweres like crazy...

Oh man can you say HomeMade Salsa, those plants look good and healthy. I just got my first three lil maters off a porch plant and took all 3 of them and one red savina, clove of garlic, salt pepper, was not much but the flavor was so much better then gassed storebought :dance:

I bet that did taste good...............homegrown can be a good thing ,....... nowadays

Damn all those tomato plants look great. Are you planting them all in your yard?

I wish I had the property to accomadate all of them.
I'll most likely only keep around 25 or so. Most will be sold at a few plant sales

Yea I know I am relatively new here, and I love that rig you got with the mini-greenhouses, is there a blog on this site about those? They look really functional and effective...Thanx for the post

Edit: PS I just noticed a few lil yellow flowers coming on, good deal!

Check out here , I believe in the grow tech forums....back a few pages "Steiner" has a post on the "10 x 4" How to build a raised bed cloche.

Good to hear about the flowers this early in the season

Are You Going to Prune/Sucker Them?

I'll prune lthe suckers off the indeterminate . I like to have two main "canes" with those. As for the determinate, I just leave those alone, only to cut off any unwanted branches during the ripening process.

From what I've seen of your plants, they always look healthy as, Greg. Awesome work!

Bet that patch smells great too! (OK, a bit weird. But surely I'm not the only one who loves the smell of tomato plants?)

Thanks for the kind words...............some plants smell different than others........especially the potato leaf tomato plants

That’s a lot of sauce potential you have there!!
Nice work!!

Pico de Gallo...............it is!................and some canning at the end of the season

Look amazing Greg what type of fertilizers or if anything do you use for your tomatoe plants to look so amazing.

I used some fish emulsion indoors, some tomato food outdoors in a watering can and when they get planted some 10-10-10-

Legend! I'm guessing it is easy to get rid of tomatoes. Supers are probably a harder sell.

Bingo !!!.........

Looking gret Greg. :fireball:
But I think you need a taller cage. :dance:
The way you grow things those plants are gonna be 10 feet tall :party:

Wow, those look great, so healthy!!! It's like a little tomato forest!

I'll be doing good to squeeze in 17 or 18 plants, and my sprouts are only about 4" tall right now. Last year, we had a cold, wet spring, and it was a crummy tomato year. It's been warm and dry this year, so I'm hoping for a bumper crop this time around. Can't wait to can some salsa!

Posted Yesterday, 05:58 AM

OROZCONLECHE, on 09 May 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

I'll prune lthe suckers off the indeterminate . I like to have two main "canes" with those. As for the determinate, I just leave those alone, only to cut off any unwanted branches during the ripening process.

+1

Holy shit man@! Got any San Marzano's in there?
Oh yeah.......that's my goto for my pasta sauce, also growing a few types of Roma's, Banana Legs, Speckled Romans,................the Marzano's appreciate alittle extra calcium/magnesium/lime to prevent BER (blossom end rot)

Damn it Greg, you can grow anything!
Haha..............I wish I could just throw the seeds out my bedroom window...

Looking gret Greg. :fireball:
But I think you need a taller cage. :dance:
The way you grow things those plants are gonna be 10 feet tall :party:
Yikes.........although at another location I grew a hybrid tomato vine that the company claimed to grow 20ft. Mine grew about 15ft up a trellis. It was a novelty.........the birds and squirrels loved them...

Wow, those look great, so healthy!!! It's like a little tomato forest!

I'll be doing good to squeeze in 17 or 18 plants, and my sprouts are only about 4" tall right now. Last year, we had a cold, wet spring, and it was a crummy tomato year. It's been warm and dry this year, so I'm hoping for a bumper crop this time around. Can't wait to can some salsa!
Totally agree,Most people I talked to had a so-so year for tomato production. We had an unusually hot summer and mine really started to kick off later in the season.17 to 18 plants will give you bushels of wonder...No matter how big or small the plants are I still either plant they deeper( to the top 2 sets of leaves) or in most cases I'll trench plant for the robust start...Good luck with your season....keep us posted,...with photosGreg

Posted Yesterday, 05:58 AM

OROZCONLECHE, on 09 May 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

+1 on your +1............lol
I'll also cut off the larger lower branches as the plant, that keeps the leaves from dragging in the soil and picking up any unwanted dieseases. Plus I'm not a fan of sprawling plants and fruit laying in the dirt, too much loss there...

Back