• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

too early to flower ???

I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was too early for my pepper plants to flower or if so should I just pinch all the buds and wait and let my plants grow for a bit longer? I live in Nebraska so zone 5 if that helps.

What species of plants are you growing? Annuums really seem to need flower pinching more than the others, especially the large pod types.

I'm growing some habs, jalapenos , scoth bonnets , carribean reds , thai peppers , Half of my plants I just transplannted outside around the 20th of May and about 9 plants have been put in containers about the last week in april . The plants in containers have grown in there since then and two weeks ago is about when I stopped pinching them. I've been pinching all the garden plants till about the last couple days. They are still pretty short. The container plants are getting pretty big but I'm still debating piching them I was just wondering how many months would it take to flower and still produce ripe fruit before the end of the season because I would like to see how big these plants get and will hopefully flower the most? Thanks again.!!

Back