• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Too funny, Reimerseeds complains about Seeds-by size

Both Reimerseeds and Seeds-by-size have been known to be terrible seeds suppliers and I remember someone recently suggesting that they were the same company so I checked into it. After reading this complaint from Reimers about Seeds-by-size I really doubt it. If you know anything about Reimers, you'll get a laugh out of this complaint.

http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/1670/

"WARNING - THIS SEED COMPANY - SEEDS BY SIZE - SENT THE WRONG SEEDS AND REFUSES TO ISSUE A REFUND.

We ordered Early Cascade Tomato seeds from this vendor to resell the seeds. Seeds by Size sent us the wrong seeds. Several of our customers reported that the seeds produced a small cherry tomato several months later after the plants produced tomatoes. We provided Seeds of Size with photos of the tomatoes the plants produced. These photos were sent to us by farmers and nursery growers who grew the seeds. Even though we sent the photos, Seeds of Size said that that wasn't any proof at all and would not reimburse us for the incorrect seeds that was sent to us. They used every excuse, even that maybe the seeds were irradiated by the US Post Office and that's why the seeds produced cherry tomatoes! We should have been cautious in purchasing the seeds from Seeds of Size, as no one else in the entire seed industry had the seeds. Later we found out there was either a crop failure or the hybrid seed grower who grows the seeds didn't grow the seeds this year. Seeds of Size informed us his seed supplier who sold him the seeds grew the seeds himself. When we asked Seeds of Size what two tomato varieties the supplier used to grow the hybrid tomato seeds, we received no reply. Apparently the small seed supplier who tried to grow the Early Cascade Tomato seeds used seeds they had saved from the prior year, and did not grow the seeds using two or more varieties, thus would explain why the seeds produced a cherry type tomato and not a 4 oz size tomato. It maybe that Seeds of Size just sent us the wrong seeds! We will not purchase from this vendor again and would recommend others to buy from them as Seeds of Size doesn't abide by the standard seed industry policy to reimburse the customer in full if the product doesn't produce what was described on the pack! We contacted PayPal about the problem and made a complaint and they are investigating this company to decide if any action should be taking by them! We apologize to all our customers for this problem. We take take this problem seriously. Companies like Seeds of Size hurt our reputation as a quality seed supplier. We eliminate these suppliers as we find problems with them. We should make note we purchased another tomato variety from Seeds of Size and the germination rating was very low. We found the same variety from a reliable seed supplier in the US and resolved the problem. Again, Seeds of Size refused to refund us for the lot of seeds that had a low germination!"

This also shows that Reimerseeds are just re-sellers and don't know shit about what they are selling until there are problems

333362-laughing_elf_large.jpg

hahahaha oh wow, they're setting up a fail feedback loop between themselves.

it's too bad they're not reliable because they have a crazy selection of seeds. would be nice to order with confidence from them.

Good work Potawie!Its good to see that these crap companies are being exposed for what they are.I hope it will save somebody the time and money spent on a failed transaction with Reimers!!

And, I'm glad I joined this forum about a month ago. This is the first place I check when considering various vendors (seeds, and 'hot stuff'). Before checking here this morning I sent myself an email to my work address 'Good Seed Company' - the message said reimerseeds.com. :(
Glad I then checked here.
So - I'm looking for some brazilian hot peppers to grow - seem to be really nice looking (so was an old girl friend of mine after a few beers) - and, nothing super hot (even after a lot of beers she wasn't). Company to recommend for hard-to-fine/herloom seeds?

Jeez, I wouldn't buy from Reimers just because of all the grammatical errors. If you're going to make a statement, at least take two minutes to proof read it. Not professional.

I am not yet on the side of Reimers but so far other than the high prices all of the seeds have sprouted.
Time will tell if the said seeds are what I bought....

Thanks potawie ,,,Never heard of these two but glad to have the intel to say run!Have a great one Rich

Back