• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Too Much Heat?

I live in miami and its pretty hot over here. during the day, my jolokias looks like they are dying. the leaves and stems feel weak and they looks withered. during the night, they stiffen up again and erect their leaves. so my question: is the sun too intense? do i give them shade? or move them close to the east side of my house so that when the sun starts to set, it cast shadows over the plants? help!

I live in miami and its pretty hot over here. during the day, my jolokias looks like they are dying. the leaves and stems feel weak and they looks withered. during the night, they stiffen up again and erect their leaves. so my question: is the sun too intense? do i give them shade? or move them close to the east side of my house so that when the sun starts to set, it cast shadows over the plants? help!
you said u can move them so i think you have them in a pot? how big it the pot ? are they root bound because them there is less/no media to hold some water ,it tend's to wither easily. i just checked your weather. i don't think its too hot.. your UV index is 0 low.
i might be wrong but just check if its root bound. hope its not any bacteria/virus induced conditions.

just how hot is it out there during the day? coz my plants are fine even in 32-33C weather. (88F-92F).

what just sucks is that when it's like that then it's night time and the temp drops to around 20-23C (68F-73F), the plants start dropping flowers and pods due to the sudden changes in temp.

just how hot is it out there during the day? coz my plants are fine even in 32-33C weather. (88F-92F).

what just sucks is that when it's like that then it's night time and the temp drops to around 20-23C (68F-73F), the plants start dropping flowers and pods due to the sudden changes in temp.

Well mine are gonna hate ohio then. During the summer its like 90's during the day and usually down in the low to mid 60's at night a lot of times.

i think its the ground. i have some planted on the ground and others in pots. the ones in the pots are doing better. its weird because the ones in the ground look strong at night and weak during the day. they ones in the pot look strong all day.

i think its the ground. i have some planted on the ground and others in pots. the ones in the pots are doing better. its weird because the ones in the ground look strong at night and weak during the day. they ones in the pot look strong all day.
do you have mulch on the ground around the plant ?
if not why not try to mulch it. it will reduce water loss due to heat..

do you have a picture >? is just the tips of the plant wilting or the whole plant in general.?

Well mine are gonna hate ohio then. During the summer its like 90's during the day and usually down in the low to mid 60's at night a lot of times.
Nah - I'm in the Cleveland area, and I had happy plants last summer, which I grew outdoors in pots. Just make sure they really get full sun all day. As in ALL day.

i think it's most likely due to insulation of the pots. most peppers are like that, they look all floppy during the day and then they stand back up during the night. it's almost like a hibernation state. so long as they don't yellow out and dry up they'll be fine. can't promise you a lot of pods tho. pod and flower drop happens a lot when there's a big dip in temps.

Back