• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Top 5 Peppers (Multiple Categories) Rank Yours!

Please forgive me if a similar thread already exists. I looked around and couldn't find one..... As a relatively new chili fanatic, I am looking for everyone else's favorite peppers. I branched out a bit this year and had my first really successful growing season here in Michigan. I am completely obsessed at this point and cannot stop reading,researching and trying new peppers (many from awesome people on these forums that I have communicated with already! I will make a template for anyone that wants to share their favorites! It would be ranked in order of love! (it can be anything from sweet to super hot, but doesnt have to melt your face, its just your personal opinion and taste/usage.) Get detailed if you like such as Zapotec Jalepeno or Mucho Nacho Jalepeno instead of just "Jalepeno"

Fresh:

For Sauces:

Drying:

Fresh:

1.  Billy Biker Jalapeno
2.  Long Tall Sally Cubanelle
3.  Ms. Junie
4.  Aji Jobito
5.  Dangler's Hot Jalapeno
6.  Aji Limo
7.  Poblanos
8.  Stuffing Scotch Bonnet
9.  Chiltepin

For Sauces:

1.  Yellow Scotch Bonnets
2.  Bhut Jolokias
3.  Habaneros
4.  Serranos
5.  Yellow 7 Pots
6.  Scorpions (oil)

Drying:

1.  Bhut Jolokias (powder)
2.  Cayennes (Island Hellfire, Ring of Fire, Jwala, Kashmiri)
3.  Chenzo
4.  Aji Mochero
5.  Chilaca
6.  Aleppo
7.  Serrano
8.  de Arbols
9.  Puya
10.  Chiltepin

Fresh
Any good jalapeno...Mucho Nacho and Zapotec are at the top of my list.
Brazilian Starfish
Antep Aci Dolma...sweet like a red bell and hot like a jalapeno...Wonderful pepper
Tekne Dolmasi.....if you like sweet bells its the king imo
Aji Oro rocoto....sweet, juicy and fruity like a mango....this pepper really tastes like a piece of tropical fruit. Mine were not that hot but they can get pretty zippy.

Sauces
Any good RIPE jalapeno
Bonnets
Ghost
Scorpion
7 Pot Primo

Dried
Aji Panca because its so versatile and the powder or dried pods are somewhat uncommon
Aleppo is a must have for a table condiment powder....you can sprinkle it on almost anything.
Pretty much any other peppers i like for sauces. Dried supers and hots lose some of the chinense funk when dried and become more versatile too.
Dried jalapeno and even Anaheims are killer for seasoning. Ripe dried jalapeno are like spicy sweet pixie sticks.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Fresh
Any good jalapeno...Mucho Nacho and Zapotec are at the top of my list.
Brazilian Starfish
Antep Aci Dolma...sweet like a red bell and hot like a jalapeno...Wonderful pepper
Tekne Dolmasi.....if you like sweet bells its the king imo
Aji Oro rocoto....sweet, juicy and fruity like a mango....this pepper really tastes like a piece of tropical fruit. Mine were not that hot but they can get pretty zippy.

Sauces
Any good RIPE jalapeno
Bonnets
Ghost
Scorpion
7 Pot Primo

Dried
Aji Panca because its so versatile and the powder or dried pods are somewhat uncommon
Aleppo is a must have for a table condiment powder....you can sprinkle it on almost anything.
Pretty much any other peppers i like for sauces. Dried supers and hots lose some of the chinense funk when dried and become more versatile too.
Dried jalapeno and even Anaheims are killer for seasoning. Ripe dried jalapeno are like spicy sweet pixie sticks.

Ok, I really hate to bother you with my question but I can't help myself.  I am looking to buy some of these seeds.  The only places online I have been able to find them are in Norway, UK and Germany.  If I have to order from one of those places I will but would prefer someplace stateside.  
May I ask where you got your seeds?
Thanks

Back