• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

cloning Topped a plant, want to clone it with the upper part

I have quick-root, how do I use it?

I imagine, I should wet the bottom part where it's cut, and then... Put in damp soil? In a glass of water?

Anything else I should do?

Quick answer....dip in rooting gel,powder of your choice place in glass of water or cup of soil.

May take 4 to 6 weeks to root.

Search the site for cloning peppers.
Lots of info I saw with just a quick look.

Good luck :cheers:

I've never cloned pepper plants but I have cloned, uhm, other stuff.. But should it be put in a humidity dome? When I did it, I took a cutting, dipped stem in rooting powder, stuck it in a peat disc and cut the leaves in half to reduce transpiration while it's developing roots and put it in a heated humidity dome. The humidity gives the plant moisture since there is no root system yet to supply it with moisture. I had roots in a week..

Edmick said:
I've never cloned pepper plants but I have cloned, uhm, other stuff.. But should it be put in a humidity dome? When I did it, I took a cutting, dipped stem in rooting powder, stuck it in a peat disc and cut the leaves in half to reduce transpiration while it's developing roots and put it in a heated humidity dome. The humidity gives the plant moisture since there is no root system yet to supply it with moisture. I had roots in a week..
Yes yes and yes. We clone the same. :cheers:

So much to answer in the op's post I wanted to steer him to some info to glean.

You can do without the dome with a mister or put a glass in a glass as a top for a single plant mini dome as well.

Back