• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Toppsy turvy ?

Howdy guys !
Well heres a silly question .......
Has anybody tryed this hanging basket pot thing
I think they are call toppsy turvy or some thing like that .

I have one ..... It was a gift from my mom.
I think it silly that the box shows pepper plants pointing stright down, and loaded with peppers...
Its B.S. cuz the plants are naturaly gana bust a 90° bent and point upwards. Anyways I have a couple caribean reds I been thinking over and over if I should stick in there.

What do you all think ? I just dont wana f...up
Good healthy plant.....

If you do a search in the growing threads, you'll find plenty where people have tried the topsy turvy thing with peppers. Summary: do the search if you want, but don't bother with Topsy Turvy.

Search is your friend!

Try a site search, this topic comes up quite often.
The planters are a neat novelty item but you will not get much production. The pot is too small and there is no way to pot up. Nice in small spaces but not really practical

Yeah yer right !
Its just that mother keeps asking me if Iam using it , and every time she visits shes looking for it to be hung somewhere.

Its funny sh.t !

They can still work, just not up to the plants' full potential

Potawie's white ammo
1671715645a0abc674f5ow8.jpg

They do dry out pretty fast from my experience with cherry tomatoes. From the sounds of it large growing plants may not be good. You could try something that grows smaller. Maybe try an ornamental pepper, that way it will at least look good to show off to your mom.

yeah Ill try something , but you know what guys mine is not like that as the above picture , the one I have is like a 3gal pot made out of like tarp material and it has 7 holes all around , so the plant would be sticking out the sides.

Way more of a pain than worthwhile, my girlfriends mom gave me a few last year. I had a couple isssues where the tomatoes got heavy enough that they 1. broke the bungie cords I was using to hold them up; 2. ripped the large screws I had them affixed to a crossbeam with out of the wood.

Also, water will dribble over the plant as it escapes the "pot". Not necesarilly a terrible thing, but I had the stems of all my toms in them start attempting to produce roots in midair. They also got kind of gnarly in a way that I don't see in conventionally positioned plants.

Also, depending on height, a pain in the ass to water.

I'm doing it for kicks this year with a bhut jolokia. So far it looks good but it's still early. I think POTAWIE is right about the plant not reaching its full potential.

yeah Ill try something , but you know what guys mine is not like that as the above picture , the one I have is like a 3gal pot made out of like tarp material and it has 7 holes all around , so the plant would be sticking out the sides.

I think those are designed for Strawberries...or small tomato plants such as supersweet 100s

im my opinion there complete crap

peppers did badly and the bag crumbled to dust just after one season, came to take it down and it fell to pieces

dont waste your time or money, im just glad i was given mine

your friend Joe

i got one the other day... my friend got three and gave me one... he's growing tomatoes in it, but i'm thinking about throwing in a cheap orange hab or pekin in it... a shop near me has them for 2 bucks... LOL...

Thats what I tought too AJ , funny thing is this one has peppers printed all over it .... Maybe it was a miss print , but In truth I think everybody is right on this one.
it works but not to plants full potencial !
Its a pain to water the plants !
Should be used with cheapy plants or orimentals!
Its only good for only one year !
And should only be used if its a gift...........
And a must use if its gift from ones mother !

I've had mine for about six years and its still in great shape, although I only used it for 3 seasons.
I do remember when topsy turvy came out with the pepper version, some members here used them in the past but I still think the original T.T. would work much better.
Some people in aparments or with very little space may find these units practical but for the most part they are just a gimmick and are easy to make out of pails.

Thats what I tought too AJ , funny thing is this one has peppers printed all over it .... Maybe it was a miss print , but In truth I think everybody is right on this one.
it works but not to plants full potencial !
Its a pain to water the plants !
Should be used with cheapy plants or orimentals!
Its only good for only one year !
And should only be used if its a gift...........
And a must use if its gift from ones mother !

i would use plants that dont get too big

thanks joe

Back