trade-show Trade Show Thoughts(no-public show)

Going to a large four day trade show in ATL in january and was looking to get some input from those in the industry who have gone to one of these. This is not a show like the FFS or zestfest where the public come, but a true P.O. show with wholesalers and distributors attending. Has anyone attended one of these in the past and what was your plan for if and when an order was placed. (i.e. terms, % of payment up front for first orders, etc)

Any help would be appreciated!

racecity,
I'm reading through the bottling,packaging, marketing forum and came across this post. you didn't get any info here. Did you go? How did it go?

The show was the Atlanta Merchandise Mart, which is the largest wholesale show in the world. It contained temporary and permanent displays from every type of business you could imagine. Show went very well for us in the aspect of making many contacts from all over the country and many other countries as well and made just enough sales to cover costs. The gourmet food area was very large and I would guess it would suit businesses that strive off of the "Gift" side of the business. By the end of the show I was almost willing to dip our products in chocolate and tie a bow on them just get a bit more business. but all in all, great experience and made enough contacts that are now coming through to make it worth it...at least once

Back