• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Transplant shock?

Potted up my biggest 7 Pot Jonah in the exact same medium (Pro Mix) and an hour later the leaves are droopy. Is this normal? Is this shock that it'll recover from? Sorry I don't have a pic :(

yes, it's transplant shock, your plant will bounce back! Did you give it a drink of water or feed it afterwards? It is recommended that you water or feed afterwards, The roots need it from being exposed to the air, as well as being removed from its home into a new home

Yes, I fed her immediately afterwards (liquid feed with water)..I'll check in the morning after a good night's growth! Thanks!!

In fact, I'm hardening them off now and there's just no substitute for natural sunlight. The leaves are a much darker green than with the CFL's only...

Your plant should rebound fine. When I pot up, I usually use
some brand of B-1 fertilizer/transplanter which helps them
get through transplant shock. I bet in the morning it will be perky.

Yes, I fed her immediately afterwards (liquid feed with water)..I'll check in the morning after a good night's growth! Thanks!!

In fact, I'm hardening them off now and there's just no substitute for natural sunlight. The leaves are a much darker green than with the CFL's only...

Thats good that you fed it after wards! there's just no substitute for natural sunlight (My thoughts exactly)!

I stick em in the pots these days, and it's sink or swim? No fancy stuff for me any more. Not for a while , anyway.

When I transplant I learned a good trick last year. Get it out of its old home, prep rootball, then dunk complete root ball plus some in water, then to the new home. No more shock issues I have seen.

LOL. Talk about just missing it....I just finished potting up 100 seedlings and could have used the water trick...

I just stuck them in the new pots, and bottom watered with the same ferts that I use at every watering. They look good so far, but will keep my eye on them.

Mein, did you see any issues in the past 5 days with yours? Wondering if there could be problems like 3 or 4 days later.

Great info Brian.

Back