• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Transplanting gone bad

Hi All, I have recently transplanted my Trinidad Moruga peppers however they do not look very well, I think it totally shocked them as you can see.
Did this happen to you? Are they gone or is there still hope?
ZMZUObR8.jpeg

the plant looks a bit small for transplant but maybe its because of the angle of picture making it look small. give it some more time i would say, but the curling of leaves could be another sign of poor drainage, overwatering, or not good enough oxygen to the roots because of the soil.

Water every 2-3 days? How much light?
That seems way too often; too much water will stunt the growth of your seedlings and will eventually kill them. Wait before the soil gets dry before watering again.

Last edited:
Water every 2-3 days? How much light?

I water when the soil dries out a bit and the pots feel light. Maybe twice a week on average for my conditions, but observation is the only sure method.

I’m guilty of using too much light this season, but again there will be no hard answers other than experience and observation. If they are stretching, add more light. If they’re burning, back off. If they’re green and growing, nothing to worry about generally.

For cycle, I turn lights on when the sun rises and off when it sets, which takes care of following my local growing season.

Last edited:
No, they are meant to provide nutrition to the seedling until depleted of such. This is part of why one doesn’t need to supply nutrients for quite a while, even in sterile soil. They can indeed be light stressed, and I’ve had some experience with it this year.

Last edited:
Stick your finger into the dirt, if its still wet about a inch down wait and check again the next day. its what i do

i use 16 hours on and 8 hours off with light.
Yes but is there is any different specific procedure for such troubled plants?

Yes but is there is any different specific procedure for such troubled plants?
not sure what you mean with "such troubled plant" but ive had alot of issues with my growing since i started 2.5 years ago, one time i though my reaper would die as it looked very depressing, after some time and love it recovered and is now my second biggest chili plant i have growing. So just do what people said above, and wait another week and see what happens. when i though mine was about to die i started to germinate another reaper, now im stuck with 2 reapers plant even tho i only need one. so even if it looks bad it probably will still recover. it probably gave it a small setback and dropped most of the leaves but it recovered the next day

Attachments

• 01381472-7F2C-4931-87C2-A649F5B33B37.jpg
    01381472-7F2C-4931-87C2-A649F5B33B37.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 1646A879-C9BC-470F-9D6F-5F81ACDA29C8.jpg
    1646A879-C9BC-470F-9D6F-5F81ACDA29C8.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
not sure what you mean with "such troubled plant" but ive had alot of issues with my growing since i started 2.5 years ago, one time i though my reaper would die as it looked very depressing, after some time and love it recovered and is now my second biggest chili plant i have growing. So just do what people said above, and wait another week and see what happens. when i though mine was about to die i started to germinate another reaper, now im stuck with 2 reapers plant even tho i only need one. so even if it looks bad it probably will still recover. it probably gave it a small setback and dropped most of the leaves but it recovered the next day
Thank you for the encouragement, I wont give up on them yet then

Back