Travel Channel, 9/23, Extreme Conventions

Last March, at the Fiery Foods show in Albuquerque, the Travel Channel film crew showed up en masse. They went around to many vendors to get a little insight into the whole fiery food industry. On Saturday of the show, they spent about half the afternoon within the Defcon booth. They were espcially giddy watching various public participants have their worst fears brought forth, and dropped like flies with samples of the ZERO. A good time was had by all in attendance.

Well, I've been going back and forth with one of the editors for a while now, answering various questions for them. It seems the shoot was very successful and will be aired on the Travel Channel on Wednesday, September 23rd, at 8pm.

I haven't seen the footage, but it's bound to be funny as Hell.

I hope it's the same "Travel Channel" I get here. I'll be keeping my eye out.

I'm kind of glad I don't have any Zero. The only one having fun seems to be the creator....

It won't be just us, you'll recognize a bunch of the manufacturers. I know they did pieces with Cajohn and The Danny Cash Crew as well, as well as others. For those that are new to the scene, it's nice to put faces on names. Actually, I wasn't 100% during the show, I was right in the middle of a nasty bout of the flu (we almost didn't do the show), but whenever tv cameras appear near Defcon Central, I do my best.

congrats Creator...that'll be just after Zest fest...

by the way...I would definitely like to have a couple of cool adult beverage with you this year...didn't make it last year...

AlabamaJack said:
congrats Creator...that'll be just after Zest fest...

by the way...I would definitely like to have a couple of cool adult beverage with you this year...didn't make it last year...

Absolutely man! The after parties at the Stockyards each day of Zest Fest have become nearly legendary. Oh, and I really like beer! :cool:

Nice promo. Will watch or "Tivo" as they say.

Well, found out from a friend in Detroit that we were on some other show on the Travel Channel as well, last Wednesday. I wish I had known. Oh well, so be it, we still have 9/23.

Cool, I'm definitely gonna watch this one. On the DirecTV description for this episode, they list numerous other conventions that will be shown, so this may only be a 3 or 4 minute-long segment if we're lucky.

Hmmmm, oh well, I thought they were going to dedicate most of the show to the Fiery Foods show. I tried to get an early release of the show, but they wouldn't do it. We shall see.

Here's the DirecTV description:

Extreme Conventions
Checking out various types of conventions; child inventors; flame-throwing bartenders; 'Star Trek' fans; celebrity impersonators; roller girls; magicians; Barbie fanatics.

Back