• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Trees

Last year I bought a Lil Cado Tree and another avacodo tree which are in 20 gal containers. The Wurtz (lil cado) is about 8 feet and the other is 4 feet both with lots of flowers right now. Hopefully I will get some fruit off of them this year.

Last year I also bought a lime and a meyer lemon tree and both of them are still in containers with lots of flowers and small fruit on them now. The lime is 6 feet and the lemon has doubled in size from last year and is 4 feet .

This year I've added a Mandarin orange to my citrus collection and its about 5 feet and producing fruit as well.

And I've added a Nectarine(10 feet), Peach(8 feet) and a Plum tree(6 feet) all with fruit on them. These were a steal at Costco for only $29 each. once I'm done with our landscaping project I will post some pics. 

I've always wanted to go in my yard and pick some fresh fruit off of my own trees I'm just sorry that I've waited this long to do it.

What do you guys/gals have ?

SavinaRed said:
What do you guys/gals have ?

Jealousy.

Seriously. When I lived in Pearland, TX I planted two pear trees out by the sidewalk, with the intent that anyone walking down the street could pick and eat a pear if they so desired. I never got to see that come to fruition, though. I now live in the frozen tundra that is OH. When I went back to TX a number of years ago I drove by the old house one day to see if the pear trees were still there and they weren't. Apparently someone decided that fruit in the front yard was a ridiculous idea. I still would like to accomplish something similar, though. If anyone has a great idea for a fruit tree that would be cool in a front yard in OH, I'm open to suggestions. 

geeme said:

If anyone has a great idea for a fruit tree that would be cool in a front yard in OH, I'm open to suggestions. 

Paw Paw (Asimina triloba)

I planted a couple grafted trees last year. It will probably be a few years before I get fruit. Until then, I'll gather them from the nearby woods.

I'm trying to grow Asimina triloba and sassafras(those i did;t even get to germinate) but they keep dying :/

I am jealous of all of the awesome fruit trees that you have! All I have growing is a kerr apple tree. I live in the snowy north so not much grows here on trees that is edible.

Back