chinense Tried my first Scotch Bonnet

Decided to try the Scotch Bonnet(Yellow one), and not sure I like the flavor. Had some heat. The wife couldn't take it.
We made what she called poppers, with some stuffing and bacon, then baked in oven. 
I tried part of one the other day ,cut in small pieces and mixed with red beans and rice, not bad very little heat. same flavor,but heated in Micro.

Anyone have any other suggestions that I might try ?

Does baking vs. micro increase heat

Scotch Bonnets might be my wifes favorite.  All I can say about them is the first pepper that really killed me was a scotch bonnet someone offered me as I was leaving their house.  I couldn't even drive for about 10 minutes after eating it.  This was years ago before I was aware of anything hotter than a serrano. :P

Hmmm...........very little heat, could the pepper possibly be Yellow Mushroom or Squash Patty. Those have lower end heat and can taste bitter if picked unripe and ripen afterwards...(in route/ cold storage). The typical Scotch Bonnet has respectable heat, Habanero range. Any photos ?

Steiner said:
Did you scoop the seeds and membrane/placenta out to make the poppers?
Yes-did that
PIC 1 said:
Hmmm...........very little heat, could the pepper possibly be Yellow Mushroom or Squash Patty. Those have lower end heat and can taste bitter if picked unripe and ripen afterwards...(in route/ cold storage). The typical Scotch Bonnet has respectable heat, Habanero range. Any photos ?
Let me refrase. It did have heat,typo.. a couple pics

P1010019_zpsbe246933.jpg
[/URL]
P1010018_zps46047977.jpg
[/URL]

I'll take some more pics,not very clear. Post in a while

Here you go
P1010012_zps5524ab56.jpg
[/URL]

Back