• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Tried my New White Habaneros

Reposted from my blog:

I grew myself some white habaneros. For whatever reason. Insanity, I guess. And today I tried one.

These are tiny habaneros that get about as big as a white seedless grape. The biggest one I have is smaller than that. They are supposed to have a smoky flavor and be "very" but not "extremely" hot. I have been dying to try one, as you can imagine. And they're very nearly ripe; my first really ripe peppers, except for the Home Depot cayennes. So I popped one off the bush, and started chewing it whole.

That's when the white-hot plasma beam shot out of my __ and set fire to the neighbor's cabbage palm.

Who needs a MIG welder?

My God, these things are hot. I spat it out before it could reach full effect, and I was still in hell for ten minutes. While I was there I slapped Hunter Thompson and delivered a sharp spinning heel kick to the deserving groin of L. Ron Hubbard.

I am not totally sure what these peppers are good for. I'll have to try a smaller piece before I really get a handle on the flavor.

If you want fresh habaneros in great abundance, I highly recommend this pepper. You get hundreds of peppers per tiny bush, and each pepper is thermonuclear.

In other news I killed maybe half of my nice new tomato sprouts by leaving them in the sun too long.

Life sucks.

The white bullet is supposed to be hotter than the red savina and chocolate habs. I'm growing the white ammo(apparently no longer available) and they are extremely hot.

Hunter Thompson and delivered a sharp spinning heel kick to the deserving groin of L. Ron Hubbard.

Bwhahhahahaahaa!!! Please follow up with some more painful torture to Hubbard as he's very deserving of it! :lol: Dude your commenting on your experience was great!

It defaintely makes me wanna grow some of these as I can now eat Savinas off the vine like apples and would love to have something with some more zing!!:P

Pepp3rFreak said:
It defaintely makes me wanna grow some of these as I can now eat Savinas off the vine like apples and would love to have something with some more zing!!:lol:

You are a very sick man.

My white bullet are tiny!
Taste good and good heat but tiny!!!!

IMG_2850.jpg

Pam said:
Well now, don't taunt us, what are the other peppers?

Not much of a mystery.
Orange Habs, Naga, Jalepeno and white bullet and a market bell pepper.

The seeds for the white bullet came with the official blah blah trade mark and all but another plant started from seeds produced only yellow peppers a little big bigger then the white bullet .... the hell with quality seeds :(

"white bullet" next to a naga.
IMG_2836.jpg

Pepp3rFreak said:
Bwhahhahahaahaa!!! Please follow up with some more painful torture to Hubbard as he's very deserving of it! :lol:
Tell me about it. I live two blocks away from the Scientology Celebraty Center...........the main hub of the cult. Drones in white shirts and black pants are constanly roaming the streets outside and I have to go past them to get to the pub (Birds). :lol:

POTAWIE said:
The white bullet is supposed to be hotter than the red savina and chocolate habs. I'm growing the white ammo(apparently no longer available) and they are extremely hot.

Scary lookin. :lol:

My white habaneros are getting ripe, finally. I notice someone on this thread complained about yellow "white habaneros." Two of mine have turned yellow.

Mine came from Tomatogrowers.com.

I'll be happy to throw some in the mail. I don't need the seeds you mentioned, but I am willing to donate the cost of a stamp for the cause.

Well, wait. If you have the fat nagas--not the skinny PC-1 peppers everyone claims are nagas--I'd be interested.

Steve H Graham said:
I'll be happy to throw some in the mail. I don't need the seeds you mentioned, but I am willing to donate the cost of a stamp for the cause.

Well, wait. If you have the fat nagas--not the skinny PC-1 peppers everyone claims are nagas--I'd be interested.

Well Thank you, I've sent a pm with my addy. But of course if you'd like some seeds I'll send them to you with a self addressed stamped envelope for some of those white habs. I'm not sure if my Nagas are what you mention, here's 2 pics:
nags.jpg

nagas.jpg

Back