• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Trinidad Congo? Photos

I have grown them in the past and am growing them again this year. As already noted, those are definitely not standard Congo Trinidad shape. However, I'd be interested to hear how they end up tasting!

geeme said:
I have grown them in the past and am growing them again this year. As already noted, those are definitely not standard Congo Trinidad shape. However, I'd be interested to hear how they end up tasting!
What I'll probably do is send a few to Nigel for his opinion on what the dominant flavor is, i.e., what other pepper they might resemble, in flavor.

Well thanks to Gary(windchicken) I am a true lover of the Congo Trinidad! They are huge roundish pods that have decently thick skin, they are juicy, have a wonderful fruity flavor and a great heat that makes them condusive to almost all your Chile applications, cooking, eating fresh, sauce, powder, relish, jelly, etc. Great all around pepper, have grown them every year since Gary gave me seeds several years ago!
I've got tons of seeds if you need some!

chile_freak said:
Well thanks to Gary(windchicken) I am a true lover of the Congo Trinidad! They are huge roundish pods that have decently thick skin, they are juicy, have a wonderful fruity flavor and a great heat that makes them condusive to almost all your Chile applications, cooking, eating fresh, sauce, powder, relish, jelly, etc. Great all around pepper, have grown them every year since Gary gave me seeds several years ago!I've got tons of seeds if you need some!
I will PM you. As you can see, my seeds are/were crap. Gary is my mentor for all things related to pepper growing, so, I trust your seed source. Thanks.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/20241-2014-insanity-the-girls/?p=496587

^ Third pic down in the link above, the red pods on top in the bowl on the right are Congo Trinidads. They're one of my favs as they are very versatile - they go with almost anything. In fact, I haven't found anything I haven't liked them with. Fataliis are also one of my favs, but are somewhat less versatile. I love fatalii with fish, pork, and chicken the most (and candied), but they don't go with chocolate. Congo Trinidads go with any meat type and are great in chocolate. 

Don't misunderstand - it may seem that I adore chocolate from what I said above, but I'm not a huge fan of most chocolate. Small amounts on rare occasion are about it for me. I'm just using that as a comparison point between Congo Trinidads and Fataliis. 

Back