• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Trinidad Field

nics pics trini! are these from CARDI?

it's interesting to see that the experts use black weedmat - I'm surprised because I would have thought that the extra heat generated by the black matting would be too much for the plants/root systems

chilliman64 said:
nics pics trini! are these from CARDI?

it's interesting to see that the experts use black weedmat - I'm surprised because I would have thought that the extra heat generated by the black matting would be too much for the plants/root systems

Doesn't look black to me. I think it's a "trick of the light" on the first pic.

Anyway, looks great, I could probaby walk around there for hours...

I think that is weed matting, same principles used in Oz commercial set ups. saves on weeding helps hold water in and suffercates the soil born badies. Not great for the soilin the long run but careful crop rotation will get you round that, also allows easy picking especially for crops only picked twice say and also machine picking.

Chiliac said:
Doesn't look black to me. I think it's a "trick of the light" on the first pic.

Anyway, looks great, I could probaby walk around there for hours...

It was more like a GRAY Mat... I Walked around and saw some different looking pods... I was able to visit the field cause there was a AGRI TECH Show on that day...

TriniHottie said:
It was more like a GRAY Mat... I Walked around and saw some different looking pods... I was able to visit the field cause there was a AGRI TECH Show on that day...
Sounds like serious fun. the only research here is with bell peppers. :(

Back