• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Trinidad Scorpion Butch T - Producing Pods Inside Under Fluorescent Light

So my Trinidad Scorpion Butch T is Producing Pods inside, under a fluorescent light, dual bulb T8. I'm very excited that I will have mature pods pretty soon.

They are about as big around as a nickle right now. I will post up a few pics tonight.

Its funny I started pushing around leaves and found 4-8 fairly large peppers growing EXCITEMENT building.

On a side note I see about 1-2 Peppers on my red brainstrain growing.and a ton on the Peter Pepper.

How long do you think from the nickel size peppers to fullsize pods for a time period, its my first grow for superhots to full potential.
I started to early this summer.

Really looking forward to seeing how they all do. Any sign of them being smaller than if grown outside?

I can't really tell.. ? Its my first time growing these superhots.

I have a second 4 foot dual T8 that I'm putting back over it tonight. I had a total of 4 lights over them before i moved them.

I really need a light meter... come on xmas money.... HPS light and a light meter....

I might just grab a video once the kiddos go to bed tonight.. it will get me a chance to slap that up and record some with it...

Hi-def.. then I can watch it on the TV.

So my Trinidad Scorpion Butch T is Producing Pods inside, under a fluorescent light, dual bulb T8. I'm very excited that I will have mature pods pretty soon.

They are about as big around as a nickle right now. I will post up a few pics tonight.

Its funny I started pushing around leaves and found 4-8 fairly large peppers growing EXCITEMENT building.

On a side note I see about 1-2 Peppers on my red brainstrain growing.and a ton on the Peter Pepper.

How long do you think from the nickel size peppers to fullsize pods for a time period, its my first grow for superhots to full potential.
I started to early this summer.

Very Nice! Looking forward to seeing pics! I just two Q's Why such an early start? You growing specificaly indoors?

These plants I started in July, indoors, I just went through a lot of trial and error, and hydro nutrient changes and issues. If you look I have a thread about 5 gallon buckets.. those plants are now 19 inches tall and 2 feet square across. I'm keeping them as mother plants, and I think in a few months I will clone them like crazy for preparation for a big outside grow.

I hope to have these safely inside for years, I hear 2nd year on some can be big production.

I'm in Maine season is short and I have space to grow... so I'm going all out soon to grow alot.

I have a few this size...

butch-t.jpg

then a few smaller, but I have 4-5 this size right now on the plant.

There is no scorpion tail on them but the flower had come off these earlier so it didn't constrict the bottom to produce the tail effect.

She's getting older now. I'm questioning the cloning process on correct cuts for cloning. The side shoots need trimming. But the top symetric pieces would make better clones.

It's genetics that cause the tail. Some times part of the flower will make the tail more enhanced though. Mind if I ask where you got the seeds Joker?

These plants I started in July, indoors, I just went through a lot of trial and error, and hydro nutrient changes and issues. If you look I have a thread about 5 gallon buckets.. those plants are now 19 inches tall and 2 feet square across. I'm keeping them as mother plants, and I think in a few months I will clone them like crazy for preparation for a big outside grow.

I hope to have these safely inside for years, I hear 2nd year on some can be big production.

I'm in Maine season is short and I have space to grow... so I'm going all out soon to grow alot.

Ahhh I see thats cool! Hopefully I wont have to go through alot of trial and error! I dont want to kill my plants! lol

It's genetics that cause the tail. Some times part of the flower will make the tail more enhanced though. Mind if I ask where you got the seeds Joker?

From CraigZee hes in Australia and the seeds were supposed to be butch-t, I was under the impression that the tail had something to do with the constriction on the bottom of the pods from the skirt of the flower?

Maybe I crazily read that somewhere.

thanks.. Patrick. .I will look at the rest and see if any are forming with tails.

Jester. Those parent plants that that seeds is from is the same generation that Neil Smith at the Hippy Seed Company had in 2010. The same gen as what the Chilli Factory recieved. The seed I got off Neil was off parent plants grown from seed Neil got from Butch Taylor the year before.

The ButchT (which I understand may not be called that for too much longer) has a range of pods types. The trade mark tail mainly presents on small pods.

Back