• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Trinidad Scorpion Leaf Discolouration - Large Pics

Hi folks,

These two are my Trinidad Scorpion plants. I noticed today that one leaf on each plant is becoming slightly discoloured, as you can see below (the upper half of the leaf). Is that something to worry about? Also, how does the overall plant seem to be doing, given I germinated the seeds in early March and I live in sunny sunny Scotland?

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that plant other than the fact that you don't seem to be setting it in that large plot of ground visible in the background of your second picture.

Are you talking about the tiny black spots in the first pic? It doesn't look serious, but if you are really worried about it you can spray the affected areas with diluted H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) Do a search to get the right ratio. That should kill any bacterial problem and will knock down some fungal problems too.

Yeah, I did mean the black spots. They're only on one leaf on each plant which is why I was wondering.

While I'm here, is there any indication that these are actually Trinidad Scorpions? I've been mis-sold seeds before and I'm paranoid!

I`d go with the H2O2 as well, just in case it is bacterial. Other than that the plant looks good. What part of Scotland? I lived in Dundee for 5 years in the early 90`s and it`s always surprising to see how well warm weather plants do in parts of Scotland.

I sowed similar peppers in early march and my plants are nowhere near as large as that one. And I live in San Diego. Can I borrow your green fingers, please?

I`d go with the H2O2 as well, just in case it is bacterial. Other than that the plant looks good. What part of Scotland? I lived in Dundee for 5 years in the early 90`s and it`s always surprising to see how well warm weather plants do in parts of Scotland.
I'm down in Falkirk and I've noticed too that Scotland has some good potential in summer for plants! But you still need to keep an eye out - there were gales and storms last week which would have destroyed any chilli plants outdoors, so I was lucky I'd moved them indoors in the evening!

I wouldn't do anything, looks great! The longer your plants are outside you'll see a little of this and that. Just keep the bugs off them, continue careing for them the way you have and they'll grow up to be productive pod producers. As good as my plants look and they do look great IMHO, I can always find a little mark, tear, brown or black spot on the occassional leaf. Eventually that leaf falls off and is replaced by a new better one. If there are enough leaves for photosynthesis and it bothers you too much, just cut the affected leaf off. BTW great job on her ^_^

Looks like a beautiful happy plant, man. Good luck on the harvest, but definitely put that bugger in the ground and let it spread out. It'll thank you.

Back