• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video Trinidad Scorpion tast test video

Well, it was one hell of a ride! I went and cut it in half, so I could compare it to the Naga Morich I ate. I gotta tell ya, to me the Scorpion was hotter, half for half. I liked the way the Naga tastes a little better, but the Scorpion has that Habanero flavor, kinda bitter, fruity and citrus. It hits you very fast, and evens out between 5-8 minutes, by that time you will be numb! It also hit my stomach harder:shocked: and I lost my taste! It made me question if I want to taste the 7 pod.

If you like that crazy insane heat, try out the Trinidad Scorpion!!

Here is the video, I hope you like it!

Wotta vid! Your pain and efforts were visible and audible. This one must've been REALLY hot! Thanks for doing this.

I don't have any ripe Scorps yet, but somehow your vid doesn't make me want to try them like that! :)

Must admit i do like the way scorpion tastes but i think the Morich,Bhutt,Dorset taste better heat wise i think a pure Dorset or morich is hotter than a scorp but thats my opinion only and its been a while :)

Man, I could see the pain your were going thru...no guts here to eat a whole one or even a half...I am still taking a piece about the size of a BB (maybe a 00 buckshot) of the placenta and eating that...I get the taste and burn too and that is enough for me...

No comparison to a pure strain morich/bhutt. I have never experianced anything like the naga morich of my first season growing.

If I did that, I probably wouldnt be able to talk. Everytime I've ate a real hottie it has given me hiccups.

Props to ya man!

Thanks for the feedback! Ya' know this was just a half, I'm sure a whole Naga and Scorp is a little different.;) The thing is, both Naga and Scorpion(or at least I've heard) can range from 800,000 to well over 1,000,000 Shu's(that's a whole freakin HAB! in difference). This time, the Scorp could of had more tissue that I ate, or the piece could have been larger than the Naga I ate. Also everyone has different taste buds, so the more people that eat these things:shocked: the better we know how they effect different people.:)

Thanks again!:P

Awesome.

Those little things sure deal out the pain eh?

Great job mate..Yer going better all the time.
7.gif

I had a little taster of those Scorpions last year and made some mighty tasty salsa with the 3 I was given. I love that fruity taste and the heat was beautiful. I really want to make some more salsa with them, but I can't seem to get any other than dried ones. :(

Ozark, that was pure entertainment, congrats on the pepper journey.

Back