• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trippaul Threat (PdN x BMJ) Community Grow

This is a dedicated grow log for Tristen's awesome cross, which I
have been growing out since 2014.  I'll start with a bit of history and
some photos documenting what's happened so far.
 
In January of 2014, Tristen (Trippa) sent me a little care package of seeds.
In the package were two generations of a cross he had made, which he just 
called 'Mystery Cross, F1' and 'Mystery Cross, F2'.  
 
Here's Trippa's Mystery Cross seedlings in February of 2014:
_DSC1203a_zpscfa08c86.jpg

 
_DSC1215a_zps824b6b30.jpg

 
Both generations showing the purple foliage characteristic since the beginning.
 
Up close look at Trippa's Mystery Crosses, F1 and F2.  Both culled to a single
plant after the photo taken, so I only had one plant of each generation:
_DSC1256a_zps34e3c6e6.jpg
 

PaulG

Extreme Member
I am packaging seeds for BDASPNY, Dragonsfire, Devv and
CD tonight. Hope to get them out in the a.m.
 
No one has selected to try the orange variety. The pods were
large and bhutish with a true orange color.
 
Still a little time if any followers of this variety want to join in
in growing several and documenting the results on this
thread next season (2021 - really?)
 
PaulG said:
I am packaging seeds for BDASPNY, Dragonsfire, Devv and
CD tonight. Hope to get them out in the a.m.
 
No one has selected to try the orange variety. The pods were
large and bhutish with a true orange color.
 
Still a little time if any followers of this variety want to join in
in growing several and documenting the results on this
thread next season (2021 - really?)
Christmas is coming early! :dance:
 
 
go ahead and toss some orange in too. ill grow both. :cheers:
 

PaulG

Extreme Member
Okay, here are the growers participating in
the Trippaul Threat v2 F3 community grow:
 
BDASPNY - peach and orange
 
Dragonsfire - yellow
 
CaneD0g- Red
 
Devv - Red and Golden
 
rickvm - orange
 
I really appreciate these folks for agreeing to
help out with this community grow!
 
I have a few seeds left of some of the varieties if
anyone else wants to sign on and commit to some
lightweight documenting of your F3 results in this
thread.
 
In the same vein, I hope some more people growing
the F8 Trippaul Threat during the 2020 season will
share some of season 2020 results. Really fun to
see how Tristen's cross is propagating across a
wider distribution.
 

PaulG

Extreme Member
Just a big shout out to the folks who participated
in the F8 Trippaul Threat grows in 2019/20. I hope all
will continue to grow and support Tristen's cross
in the coming seasons. Hope I mentioned everyone.
I may have sent out a few seeds during the past
season that I didn't write down.
 
Devv
trippa
stickman
OCD Chilihead
Superhot Sim
Walchit
Bhuter
Masher
Marc V
Snagglepuss
b3rnd
Bookers
Peter S
Don't Panic
lovemesumpeppers
orekoc
D3monic
Stettoman
YAMracer
Superted
rickvm
speak polish
Mitzi
BDASPNY
Pepper Guru
Sawyer
 
Don't be strangers! We all want to see those
beautiful pods and hear how it grew for you
this season.
 
Other than that,
 
:party:  :cheers: HAPPY NEW YEAR :cheers:  :party:
 
See you all in 2021 for the F9 grow and the
Trippaul Threat v2 F3 'stabilization' project!
Would be cool to see all five colors stabilize!
 
I didn't know you had a community grow on this. Got a few seeds from the train labeled trippaul threat f4 I think it might've been white? Didn't write that down. Didn't know there were so many but I did start the ones I have today so I'll be sure to update here as the plants mature!
 

PaulG

Extreme Member
tylerdodd25_92 said:
I didn't know you had a community grow on this. Got a few seeds from the train labeled trippaul threat f4 I think it might've been white? Didn't write that down. Didn't know there were so many but I did start the ones I have today so I'll be sure to update here as the plants mature!
Great, Tyler! The more people that join in,
the more fun for everybody!
 
Thanks for growing out the Trippaul Threat. 
The F4 was part of my 2019 grow, started
from some leftover F3 seeds I have. I was
hoping for a yellow variant, but it was mostly
ivory/white.
 
Good luck with that!
 
P.S.There is also a community grow thread
for the Purple Thunder, and I'm starting a wilds
community grow, so join in the fun!
 
PaulG said:
Here are some harvest pics I forgot to post.
From September 29th.

Trippaul Threat Peach:
13F21B67-046E-47E7-958C-B47499AFFEE8.jpeg
 
Trippaul Threat Yellow:
23FFD8FA-9AE4-46FA-AFAF-EB8146675D45.jpeg
 
Trippaul Threat Red:
4D0F0264-7D64-4517-B867-BCCF73FF52E8.jpeg
 
Trippaul Threat Golden:
AFB63F3D-D4AF-4FAA-A873-79425044469F.jpeg
These tend to get more caramel/purple shading.
I like the reds & the peach is a unique peach color kinda like a honey peach .
What was the flavor like on those ?
 

PaulG

Extreme Member
Plantguy76 said:
I like the reds & the peach is a unique peach color kinda like a honey peach .
What was the flavor like on those ?
I am a lousy judge of flavor, and I don't especially
like the chinense flavor. They are hot as heck, however.
 

PaulG

Extreme Member
Cayennemist said:
F8 "white Lightening" started on 1/25 
6 seeds using paper towel method.
Alright, Andrew. 'Johnny-on-the-spot!'
 
Good luck - can't wait to see those
beautiful white pods on the purple
foliage!
 

PaulG

Extreme Member
For 2021, I have decided to grow the F9 Trippaul Threat
'White Lightening' and the Trippaul Threat Yellow v2 F3
Can't wait to see what happens in the F3 generation of the
yellow. Planning on one F9 in a large container and four F3
in small pots. Going to drop seeds on Feb 1.
 
Just for grins, big shout out to
Growers participating in the v2 F3 grow:
Peach variety    BDASPNY and plantguy76
Yellow variety    dragonsfire and myself
Red variety        CaneDog and Devv
Golden variety   Devv
Orange variety   rickvm
 
Assuming nothing wacky happens with my grow this year, I am growing both the Light Yellow F7 and the Violet F7.   Unfortunately, I tried to grow the White F7's that I got off of the 2019 Seed Train but they didn't pop. 
 

PaulG

Extreme Member
bpiela said:
Assuming nothing wacky happens with my grow this year, I am growing both the Light Yellow F7 and the Violet F7.   Unfortunately, I tried to grow the White F7's that I got off of the 2019 Seed Train but they didn't pop.  Sorry to hear that, Ben.   :mope: 
Hey, Ben. I would be happy to shoot you some of
my F9 Trippaul Threat White Lightening 2020 seeds.
And there are a few of the F3 v2 if you are interested.
 

Bou

Extreme Member
Hey PaulG, I also threw some of your Trippaul Threat white F8 and Purple Thunder yellow-caramel F4 seeds inside the germination box yesterday. Will keep y'all updated once in a while as my plants grow!!
 

PaulG

Extreme Member
Bou said:
Hey PaulG, I also threw some of your Trippaul Threat white F8 and Purple Thunder yellow-caramel F4 seeds inside the germination box yesterday. Will keep y'all updated once in a while as my plants grow!!
Alright, SB! Here's to great success with them!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bou
Top