• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

trouble? Help?

many of my peppers germinated and started growing about 10 days ago. I'm not sure they are growing at the proper rate, though. I think I am pouring on the light with 6 4 ft T8 bulbs (2 cool white, two kitchen and bath, two day light) but I'm not sure growth rate is correct. The plants seem a bit "legy" to me, but I'm not sure. What do you think?

I removed the plastic dome, but have kept the heat on. I water when dry. I sprayed with Epsom salt yesterday. I planted in the "Jiffy" starter kit.

Here are some pics. Do I have reason to be concerned at this point?

I've read that some here use a fan to help the pepper plants become stronger. Should I do this. If yes, for how long? 30 minutes a day?

It seems as though my Bhute Jolokia has the worst germination rate. Best: early Jalapeno and Fatali.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

DSCN0027.jpg

DSCN0029.jpg

DSCN0028.jpg

They look just fine to me! and it looks as if you have the light close enough!
I wouldnt worry they look very healthy.
Kevin

Remember to give them some time to rest with the lights off, approx four hours a day. As for the fan it helps the stems thicken up, just brushing your hand along the tops of them a couple if times a day will have a similar effect.

Personally I would lower the lights to about 1" away from them and I agree to give several hours of dark. Fan is good to just make sure its not blowing right on them.
Looks good though! Good luck with your grow

Luckily, when the little guys are ready to head outside into their bright new world, you can bury leggy seedlings deep. They look like they are good healthy little babies! Keep up the good work!!!

I germed my habs and bhuts first, then a month later I did all my annuums. They were all done under the exact same conditions i.e. heat, light, moisture. Your annuums will look much leggier compared to the bhuts and fataliis. It's just the difference in the species.

I agree with ^ them, they look good and healthy. :dance: No worries!

I've also found annuums get leggier than other varieties, even in the same growing conditions. One thing I have heard, though, is that keeping the heat mat on underneath them once they sprout will increase legginess. Don't know how true that is since I'm not using a heat mat, though.

So far all look nice and green!

Back