• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

raised-bed Trying a raised bed garden this year

RaisedBeds3.jpg

RaisedBeds1.jpg

I hope this goes well.

Looks awesome! If/when I get a house of my own, I'll make sure it has a decent yard so I can do a raised bed as well, but that may be a few years off still :P

Awesome, that makes two of us. Did you put any weed cloth down at the bottom of the beds? They look pretty good!

I did a raised garden this year as well. I have grown peppers the past couple of years, but I had to use my wife's flower bed, which is up against the west side of our house. They did alright, but they weren't able to get full sun over there. This year we were able to get some free cinderblocks, and some free soil...

We still need to get caps for the cinderblocks, which will make it look a bit nicer. So far we have 4 red cayenne, 1 red bell pepper, 1 orange habanero, 1 straight-neck squash, 1 orange mint, and some marigolds and zenias [not sure of the spelling on that last one] -- My dad is supposed to bring us a tomato plant and a scotch bonnet plant.

garden.jpg

That's really nice Bama.
We have 3 - 8'x4' beds for tomatoes, lettuce, spinach... it's much easier since NC is full of clay.
All our peppers are in pots.
What types of tomato are you growing?

Sy

Awesome, that makes two of us. Did you put any weed cloth down at the bottom of the beds? They look pretty good!
Yeah, I marked the spot that the beds where going to rest and dug out the grass and laid a thick barrier of news paper for weed control. Rest is compost and soil. I'm excited about!!!!

I think as far as tomatoes go, we planted sweet golden nuggets, radiator charlies, Roma, beef eaters and early boys. We love "maters" and peppers!!

Back