• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

misc Trying to decipher handwritten pepper name on package of traded pepper seed

I've traded some seeds a few months back. The priblem is, I can't seem to find this cat's orange pepper and I can't reach the person I traded with anymore. Does the name of the pic below ring a bell?
20221231_112557.jpg

Solution
I found it! 🥳 It's a Macskanarancs Hungarian pepper. See this link. Not sure what's the 'mears' or 'cat's orange' description on the little ziploc bag is about.

Anyone who has experience growing this pepper and more specific, eating it? Curious what it tastes like.
I found it! 🥳 It's a Macskanarancs Hungarian pepper. See this link. Not sure what's the 'mears' or 'cat's orange' description on the little ziploc bag is about.

Anyone who has experience growing this pepper and more specific, eating it? Curious what it tastes like.

Solution
Google is telling me that "Macska narancs" means "Cat Orange" I don't know any Hungarian, but maybe it's better translated "Orange Cat"? If you search just that pair of words, you get a bunch of orange cat pictures.

Back