• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Trying to grow Dragon fruit from seeds.

P1100712.jpg

This is a seedling I got from the Dragon fruit seeds I planted.

P1100707.jpg

One of the other seedlings. Would like to know do they grow faster as they get older?

it would be easier if you just buy a cutting from the nursery than start it from seed. dragon seedlings grow terrible slow... but is very self-rewarding in the far future. :D

here are my dragon seedlings before. they drowned during the last super typhoon. :(
img1209g.jpg

These are 4 cuttings that are about 3 months into the new growth. No idea what color though. I think from seeds is a long road; cuttings are easy to get.

DragonFruit.jpg

Good Luck, cheers.

ajarn,

would you know if a single dragon cactus is enough to develop fruit or should I get another cutting? I only have one stem cutting atm.

ajarn,

would you know if a single dragon cactus is enough to develop fruit or should I get another cutting? I only have one stem cutting atm.

You know, I'm not sure; but I think only one is enough. Let me check on this.

Edit; the answer is yes! One is enough. Cheers. :)

cool! thanks. i don't need to go back to the province where i got this. by the way the person in charge told me that i got the red fleshed pitaya. :D

Thanks for the ansers. Don't know where I can get cuttings ? But will still be looking. Have got a number of a guy in BKK that may have some Vanilla vines I'm hoping to get. I was thinking 3 years for fruit from a seedling. Anybody know about Passion friut ? As is not growing as fast as what I've read.

exavier -> try to visit dragon fruit farms. i'm quite sure you can get cutting from them at bargain price. :

franz -> its only 5' but still growing.. :)

i found this pic over the internet, using a tree as a support for dragon cacti...

117_1768.jpg

Exavier; if your willing to drive out to Ban Pong I could meet you and give you 2 of those cuttings of mine. I don't really want 4; too much for me. PM me if you're interested.

Yes going very slow as the biggest seedling is about 2 inch now the next biggest is 1 inch... Although the Pink Dragon fruit cross plants are growing much faster and will over take the White dragon fruit in 2 months if they keep growing as fast as they are. Red are the slowist as none are even 1/2 inch yet and have been growing as long as the white.

Back