food Tuna- Chilli Sandwich TD

I am challenging anybody to produce a better Tuna, chilli sandwich than this. I can be toasted, plain and on any bread- any bread!!!!!!!!! The rules are simple- one standard household can of tuna, onion and chilli. You have one month to enter this TD. Method is optional, or by pm request. No obligation, but it's always good. The POL or proof of life is Basil. I hope the Boss will judge or mods. Here's mine.If you look carefully, you'll see mine is double stacker. Three slices.I like sour cream more than mayo! No garnish- it's just the Sanga, Sarnie, sandwich.
6977375802_81658b17f7_b.jpg
6977375750_2d31c72415_b.jpg
6977375730_8efe68454f_b.jpg
7123456987_472e2e6109_b.jpg
6977375478_ebf6706d3a_b.jpg
6977375500_2afa31d00e_b.jpg
6977375578_703801b16b_b.jpg
6977375558_47573976c8_b.jpg

I used naga flakes, lemon, calamansi lime, white & black pepper, coriander. Yellow Turkey slap and Dan's pineapple jam for flavour. Basil at the end, pesto would be better.

6977375704_7969ffd928_b.jpg

6977375676_9f172010bf_b.jpg

Rough and ready- basic, no fancy cutting, etc. Just my style on this TD.

That Looks Very Delicious Make me Want to Make One Right Now, Yet not in for the Challenge I Might not have what it takes to make it and Takes pictures before I devour it.

WOW!!! I just usually pour Louisiana-style hot sauce on my tuna until it is red, then eat it. This opens a whole new world of tuna possibilities. IDK if I will come up with a creation of my own, but I will be taking notes on what other people do!

This in not a TD. Throw Downs are the first weekend of every month.
The themes are discussed by members, and the entries are voted on by members.
They are located in the 'Throw Downs' forum.

You should change the name of this thread.

SCV and Ch Ju- This is a bit if fun,I'm not out to piss anyone off, you could partake please. I'm sure that the Boss could delete it, move it if offendeth members.I wanted to see what people could do and thought it'd be good fun, that's it. TDs are Throwdowns, why do they have to be set, with set times.I'm not challenging the monthly one. I'm merely organised a random one.If Iwas out of order , OK, but I wasn't even thinking of the other one.I thought TDs weren't just monthly that's all.

I'll play so long as you don't get all butt-hurt when I win.
that's been taken care of- don't think I could win with that effort.That's the sampler.

Just a classic- that's why it needs to be done!

Geez man there's raw onion slices the size of notebook paper in there. :stop: Not for me! None of those flavors are going to meld you're just going to bite onion, then tuna, then something else. Pieces of everything are way too large.

Geez man there's raw onion slices the size of notebook paper in there. :stop: Not for me! None of those flavors are going to meld you're just going to bite onion, then tuna, then something else. Pieces of everything are way too large.
As a qualified chef, I beg to differ. Like sex, don't knock it till you try it. I did say it was rough and ready.I like it where you get the texture. Different flavours and textures are part of the gastro experience. Far too much stuff is blended to buggary.

My tuna would have some of this..

Sriracha
Mint
Epazote
Ginger
Mirin
Achiote
Come Tex- show us something with some freshly made sour bread!!

As a qualified chef, I beg to differ. Like sex, don't knock it till you try it. I did say it was rough and ready.I like it where you get the texture. Different flavours and textures are part of the gastro experience. Far too much stuff is blended to buggary.

I beg to differ that you beg to differ. Those 2" x 2" raw onion peels are down right offensive!

Your tuna is rough and ready like sex? :eek:

This doesn't make one damn bit of sense to me.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this site has got over 5,000 members. Members, who might take more interest in the TDs if they get to do one. Random, accessible, easy TDs like this, may work. I'm sorry you can't understand me.

.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I beg to differ that you beg to differ. Those 2" x 2" raw onion peels are down right offensive!

Your tuna is rough and ready like sex? :eek:
The onions here are really mild, like the garlic! Like Vidalias.

Come Tex- show us something with some freshly made sour bread!!

I don't eat much bread these days compadre, in fact when I do its in bun form as in a burger.

You're a chef? Cool. Where at? Do tell.

Back