• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Turkiye Yildizi - The Turkish Star Pepper from Pepperlover.com

Turkiye Yildizi, the Star of Turkey pepper from Pepperlover.com. Thank you so much Judy!

Who knew that such amazing C.chinense varieties were grown in Turkey? Brought to the west by Pepperlover.com. 

What a great looking pepper! Big, fat and Star shaped! 

The initial aromas were very tomato-like. More like brushing tomato leaves than the tomatoes them selves. Certainly lots of sweetness and a slight hint of that certain C.chinense aroma made it very appealing.

The peppers was extremely thick-walled and juicy, which was lovely. It really reminded me of the Isabella Island Habanero, which is a really unique variety. This one is just as unique. Flavours like a sweet ripe tomato, mixed with C.chinense were also quite unique and totally delicious! 

The heat was a big surprise. Initially, perhaps 1/3 of an Orange Habanero, but it was a real creeper and just kept on slowly going up and up. Finally, I`d say this was easily as hot as a regular Orange Habanero, but with so much more going for it in the texture and flavor department. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQVk9ZHEcwI&feature=youtu.be

Great review Nigel. I am completely amazed by all the Turkish peppers coming to light. These guys really know peppers. Can't wait to try this one. 

Very nicely done Nigel, did you say it was one of Judy's new varieties that she has added? It does look very tasty I've been waiting to see her new varieties before buying the seeds I want from her.
I'll put it on my list so I won't for get it, I'm hoping to see if she has added any more wild peppers to her list.

wildseed57 said:
Very nicely done Nigel, did you say it was one of Judy's new varieties that she has added? It does look very tasty I've been waiting to see her new varieties before buying the seeds I want from her.
I'll put it on my list so I won't for get it, I'm hoping to see if she has added any more wild peppers to her list.
Yes, George, one of a large number of varieties Judy has obtained from Turkey. 

I'm also awaiting the availability of these varieties. Seems to take forever! :D

Back