food Twice Baked Taters (w/ Morugas)

ThrowHeat

eXtreme

INGREDIENTS
-4 Baking Potatoes
-Olive Oil (as desired)
-3 tablespoons Butter
-1/4 cup Sour Cream
-2 tablespoons Sriracha (or any hot sauce)
-4 de-seeded and diced Moruga Scorpion Peppers
-1/4 cup chopped Green Onion
-1/2 teaspoon Salt
-1 teaspoon Pepper Powder
-1 Egg White

DIRECTIONS
1.) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2.) Wash and dry potatoes.
3.) Puncture tops of potatoes with a fork, rub with olive oil.
4.) Place potatoes on a foil wrapped cookie sheet, and bake in oven for 45-60 minutes, or until potatoes are soft when pressed.
5.) Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes.
6.) Slice potatoes in half lengthwise, keeping the skin intact. Scoop out potato pulp and place in mixing bowl. Set potato skins aside.
7.) Add 2 tablespoons of butter, sour cream, and Sriracha to mixing bowl. Mash until smooth.
8.) Stir in diced Morugas, green onion, salt, and pepper powder.
9.) Beat egg white until soft peak forms. Mix into potatoes.
10.) Put pulp mix into potato skins. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
11.) Bake at 400° F for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are lightly brown.
12.) Remove from oven. Let stand for 5 minutes.
13.) Dress with cheese, sour cream, or hot sauce. Or just eat it as is. Makes 4 servings.

:dance:

Leftover pizza? LOL.

Seriously though, if you try this recipe out, let me know what you think of it. Being someone who loves baked potatoes, this is a great way to add some heat and flavor to them. 1 pod per potato provided all the fire we needed too.

Looks delicious. Now if I was actually hungry after pigging out at Quaker Steak and lube earlier, I would make these right now.

Very nice, I've added both habs and finely chopped onions in twice baked. Now you're making me want them bad :)

I could see this recipe working really well with habs, using maybe 3 per potato in place of the 1 moruga. I will try adding some onions the next time around though, since I can never seem to get enough onion. :cheers:

Wow! These look absolutely PHENOMENAL! I've gotta try this. I might add a bit of shredded cheddar to the potato mix. ;)

Cheese mixed in would definitely be a good addition to this recipe. If I made this up as a side dish for some Buffalo wings, I could even throw in some of Yancey's Fancy Buffalo Wing Cheddar. :dance:

"Dress with cheese, sour cream, ... ..." What no bacon in the "dress" ;)

The entire reason for that oversight is because we had bacon the day before. Granted, that's no excuse for failing to mention it, since bacon and potatoes belong together.

I could see this recipe working really well with habs, using maybe 3 per potato in place of the 1 moruga. I will try adding some onions the next time around though, since I can never seem to get enough onion.
It’s awesome and so is your recipe from what I’ve read, unfortunately I’m not currently growing any moruga’s. I’ll have to try it your way as well once I grow some :) That said, it’s hard to identify how many I actually use as I’m one of those cooks that deviates from exact measurements frequently. For example since I keep this in the fridge and refill it once or twice a week, I eye ball how much I put in :D

… If I made this up as a side dish for some Buffalo wings, I could even throw in some of Yancey's Fancy Buffalo Wing Cheddar.
Excellent combo idea, I’ll definitely have to try the wings & tater idea :)

The entire reason for that oversight is because we had bacon the day before. Granted, that's no excuse for failing to mention it, since bacon and potatoes belong together.
No biggie, I thought it was something you would use as well, great minds think alike ;)

I could see this recipe working really well with habs, using maybe 3 per potato in place of the 1 moruga. I will try adding some onions the next time around though, since I can never seem to get enough onion. :cheers:

Cheese mixed in would definitely be a good addition to this recipe. If I made this up as a side dish for some Buffalo wings, I could even throw in some of Yancey's Fancy Buffalo Wing Cheddar. :dance:

Sorry, bacon I can take it or leave it. It's not the "food of the gods" some people make it out to be.

Back