• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Twinkle in mye eye!!!!!!!

These crosses could be new members of the world by this time next year. Let me know what you all think. Any tips on crossing will be greatly appreciated.

1 Peach Bhut (father) x Red Savina Habanero (mother)
2 Red Savina Habanero (father) x Peach Bhut (mother)

3 7 pot Primo (father) x Chocolate Bhut (mother)
4 7 pot Primo (mother) x Chocolate Bhut (father)

5 Carolina Reaper (father) x 7 Pot Douglah (mother)
6 Carolina Reaper (mother) x 7 pot Douglah (father)

7 ButchT (father) x Black Stinger (mother)
8 ButchT (mother) x Black Stinger (father)

9 Moruga Scorpion (father) x Jamaican Chocolate Habanero (mother)
10 Moruga Scorpion (mother) x Jamaican Chocolate Habanero (father)

11 7 pot Brain Strain (father) x Chocolate Scorpion (mother)
12 7 pot Brain Strain (mother) x Chocolate Scorpion (father)

13 Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon (father) x Black Naga (mother)
14 Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon (mother) x Black Naga (father)

Btw.... I will be using this tek

http://fatalii.net/growing/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=54

lol... yeah but its great fun to do it yourself.... I plan to continue to cross these new crosses with the other new crosses, etc... for the rest of my life, and by the time Im middle-aged, I will have a totally unique strain(s). Also, every seed is different... so that the 7 pot Primo that I have, for example, is different from whatever anyone else is using to do a similar cross. And so, as I have grown out 60 varieties of peppers this year and have selected only my most vigorous specimens to cross with, whatever crosses prove successful could be genetically superior to other similar crosses. Also, since the 'desirable' phenotypic expressions , which I am selecting "breeding candidates" based on, have been coaxed out of the already unique genotypes through the influence of the particular environmental stimuli/factors provided by my* setup and the local climate, it seems to me that the resulting crosses would be "fit" for my cultivation style.

I would avoid the Red Savina as it is an unstable hybrid, not a strain that has been stabilized.

Otherwise, sounds like fun! I wish I had the room to so this.

When you cross-pollinate make sure to do it to a lot of flowers. They don't always take and abort. Make note of the time your anthers open up. If you're outside, the wind will blow the pollen of rather quickly.

I'll probably cross my peppers this year, but I'll use the "neighbor's dog jumped over the fence" method. I'm sure I'll have stuff so close together that they accidentally intermingle.

I would avoid the Red Savina as it is an unstable hybrid, not a strain that has been stabilized.

Hmmm.. that is interesting. I have read elsewhere that the Peach Bhut is somewhat unstable as well. If i were to cross those two unstable varieties, do you think it would be even more interesting, in a way, to grow out a huge number of F1 generation plants form that cross next year. Seems to me that unstable strains would have more of a variation of phenotypic expressions in the f1 generation than would be found in the progeny of crosses from stabilized varieties. (although the phenotypes from stabilized strains would probably be more likely to be desirable in terms of growth and production).

Back