• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Twisting

I am going to be growing a few different varieties of peppers next season and am trying to get all my ducks in a row. I was wanting to grow some seedlings of each pepper I am growing, and pick out the best three of each type and plant them in one pot and braid or twist them together I have heard people talk about this on here but not seen anyone that has done it... Would I still be able to use a five gallon bucket for this?... Are there any harmful effects to twisting them together?... any benefits?....

Nick, I think people only do that for presentation. If you are not looking for large yields it should be cool. But i was taught at a young chilihead age one golden rule. 1 plant per pot and the bigger the pot the easier to care and bigger the peppers! :beer:

Dude, do yourself a favor. Put at least ONE of your containers in the twisty mode, just to compare. Don't bank on it, just for fun, what's gardenin is all about.

garden%25252081611%252520001.jpg

So as your friends, neighbors, fellow pepperheads on this forum, and girlfriends are starting to yawn, as you describe to them your amazing peppers, your amazing way with plants and misc vegetables..... Then, you expose them to...the TWISTED TRUNK!
14%252520jal%252520twisty%252520root%252520cu.jpg

Awesome pic, Siliman!

Im doing that to 2 of my plants, lets see how far i go with it. Currently have a problem with one plant growing bigger than the other.

Awesome pic, Siliman!

Im doing that to 2 of my plants, lets see how far i go with it. Currently have a problem with one plant growing bigger than the other.
Hey, thanks! I've had some fun trying this, and learned a bit more about growing from seeds and also container plants, which I have zero experience. (They love Pro Mix Bx and some compost mixed in, for sure. I can use this info on other grow projects next year.) Now have to decide how to play it out through the winter here with this one. You kinda get attached to them, and unless you bring them inside in Idaho, they croak!

Man, I wish I woulda put mine in a 5 gal or better yet a 15-gal pot like HillBilly. Mines hitting the root limits now and I hate to transplant with only a month or two left.

Hope yours fare well. There are two of the my 3 plants dominating the other in this group also. In Malaysia, should be much easier to keep going. Post up some pix if you get a winner. Could be a new forest type eventually.... :cool:

Back