• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Two Tastes of Tacos, Venison / Chicken

I took that left over venison pot roast and added some spicy red chile sauce to it.
I also shredded some chicken and prepared it in a manner similar to chicken fajitas.
A pot each of Mexican rice and Ranch style beans, guacamole, pico de gallo and garnishes.

kLS1jpDl.jpg

I added a couple tablespoons of the spicy red chile sauce to half a cup of bacon grease, brushed my corn tortillas with it and fried them a little harder than usual but still pliable.
Similar to adding chile sauce to the masa when making tortillas, makes for a very tasty option for store bought tortillas.

azddrfNl.jpg

aCTjbmFl.jpg

mwgMtjll.jpg

mwjTcZ3l.jpg

VvpXHgwl.jpg

I am blind apparently so thank you for the assist. 

But seriously, those aren't any different than run of the mill corn tortillas? They aren't some homemade nixtamalized exotic heritage corn blend? 

Because they look absolutely phenomenal. 

Almost like prepping them for enchiladas but using for tacos. Dig!

Edaxflamma said:
I am blind apparently so thank you for the assist. 

But seriously, those aren't any different than run of the mill corn tortillas? They aren't some homemade nixtamalized exotic heritage corn blend? 

Because they look absolutely phenomenal.
Regular'ol store bought La Banderita brand corn tortillas.
Take two corn tortillas in hand, generously brush one side of them and place brushed side down in hot frying pan, now brush the top of the second tortilla.
Cook each side till nicely toasted.

Back