• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics U)<NOW PLANT UPDATE WITH PICS!!!

So after re-potting my plants roughly a little over a month ago now, a few in each container, most of the hots are doing great and really starting to take off. As usual, having issues with my sweet peppers, they have been kinda "stalled" ever since and do not really have any new growth. Maybe the sweet peppers need some nutes. What ever. I really care most about the hots anyways!! They are still all on the front deck and get about 3-4 hours of direct morning sun. Watering every 7-10 days. Hopefully I will get them in the garden next week.

I ended up with 48 total for me (out of 288, gave most away) the plants I ended up with are:

6 Caribbean Red
6 Orange Habanero
5 Thai Hot
5 Jalapeno
6 Salsa Delight Hybrid
6 Godfather Hybrid
4 Sweet banana
5 Green Bell
5 Red bell

Here's a few pics:

THE WHOLE GROUP
DSC03496.JPG

ORANGE HABS (3)
DSC03507.JPG

ORANGE HAB BABY POD
DSC03508.JPG

CARIBBEAN REDS (3)
DSC03506.JPG

MORE PICS TO FOLLOW!!

HERE'S A FEW MORE:

SWEET BANANA PLANTS (2)
DSC03495.JPG

SWEET BANANA POD
DSC03494.JPG

SALSA DELIGHT PLANTS (2)
DSC03500.JPG

SALSA DELIGHT PODS
DSC03501.JPG

A FEW MORE HAB PODS
DSC03509.JPG

THE THAI HOTS (5)
DSC03516.JPG

MORE CARIBBEAN REDS (3)
DSC03505.JPG

JALAPENO PODS
DSC03512.JPG

I have more pics but thats enough copy and pasting for me for a while lol

As you can tell from the pics, Potting up solved all my problems!! No more leaf curl, no more leaf spotting, and no more yellowing!!... Next year I am going to obviously pot up much sooner as well as use clear cups to keep a better eye on the root systems. If I would have been prepared for the successful growth earlier my plants would probably be huge by now!! Oh well, Most are coming back nicely now!! :)

Using clear cups might be useful for keeping an eye on the roots, but you should probably wrap them in aluminum foil to block as much light as possible. Otherwise, moist soil + light might lead to algae. You could always slide the foil off to get a view of the roots.

Then again, it might get annoying having to deal with flimsy, easy-to-rip foil all the time, especially when moving the cups around...

yeah I never thought about the algae..... Hmmmm.... I started bottom watering this year to avoid algae on the top of the soil in the cups and that seemed to work well. I have seen other people on here use the clear cups but most seem to use the red ones like I did. I'll have to do some research first if I go that route. I wonder if algae would even grow between the soil and the side of the cup as their is really not much air there?

I've had the same problem with my clear plastic cups. But since I live in a tropical country. The sun pretty much kills it during the afternoon. Stopped spreading after a while.

Yeah, mine are stuck in my grow room in the basement from start in February til end of may before they go outside for the year.... a full three months down there... actually 4 months!!! man thats a long time lol never really thought about it before

Nice pod pics.

If you want to use clear cups in order to monitor root growth the simple solution would be to place them inside of an opaque cup.

Silver_Surfer said:
Nice pod pics.

If you want to use clear cups in order to monitor root growth the simple solution would be to place them inside of an opaque cup.

I'm an idiot. never woulda thunk of that. lol.

Silver_Surfer said:
Nice pod pics.

Exactly what I did for a bunch of my plants and it works beautifully.
I had one that I left without protection from the sun on purpose, and it was a mess of algae and the plant was stunted.
I'll see if I can scare up some pics.

Edit for pics:

unprotectedtestpepper24.jpg

Yellow Scorpion in a plastic cup with no protection.

protectedpepper2448798.jpg

Unknown pepper that was started later than the first, this one was protected from light.
Healthy media, healthy plant.

Silver_Surfer said:
Nice pod pics.

Thanks SS! Thats a great Idea! I never thought of that either lol.

Back