• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

snack-food U.S. source for the world's hottest corn chips

I've taken the Paqui one chip challenge :

https://shop.paqui.com/Carolina-Reaper-Madness-Chip/p/PAQ-002669&c=Paqui@TortillaChips

This had excellent heat, but wasn't deadly.

I now see that some Australian companies have a competing product:

https://www.chilliseedbank.com.au/world-s-hottest-corn-chips

and

https://thehippyseedcompany.com/product-category/worlds-hottest-corn-chips/

I'm not sure if I ever did business with chileseedbank.com.au, but I've bought sauces and seeds from The Hippy Seed folks.  They are a reputable company. The only problem is that shipping prices to the United States are crazy.  The company isn't overcharging—I've seen their stamps and customs fees.  They are just passing along their costs to the consumer.

Are their any places in the United Sates where I could buy the chips to save on shipping costs?

Thanks

Buy flaming Doritos,

Re - flaming Doritos:

All I see that is hot in the ingredients is "... including Natural Extractives of Red Pepper."  I'm not a big a big fan of extracts (Except for Pure Evil  :) It seems to me that having this as the only hot ingredient is a cop-out.  Here is the full list:

Ingredients: Whole Corn, Vegetable Oil (Contains One or More of the Following: Corn, Soybean, and/or Sunflower Oil), Corn Maltodextrin, Salt, Citric Acid, Sugar, Monosodium Glutamate, Artificial Color (Red 40 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake), Hydrolized Corn Protein, Yeast Extract, Sodium Diacetate, Cheddar Cheese (Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Modified Corn Starch, Natural Flavor (Including Natural Extractives of Red Pepper and Natural Extractives of Lime), Onion Powder, Whey, Corn Syrup Solids, Garlic Powder, Romano Cheese (Part-Skim Cow's Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Buttermilk, Whey Protein Concentrate, Disodium Inosinate, and Disodium Guanylate. CONTAINS MILK 

I also don't like onions or garlic, so I am going to pass.

Regarding The Hot Pepper's - not sure the meaning is.

salsalady said:
Buy flaming Doritos,

The Hot Pepper said:
Promotion ahem

Neil from the Hippy Seed Company posted on facebook just the other day saying he has just tried a new corn chip that some one sent him to sample.

He said it was the hottest thing he had eaten and lost his sense of taste for 2 days.

He advised the maker stop making them before they kill somebody.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

If it contains neither extract, nor onions, nor garlic, I'll try it.  I just noticed the Australian chip I first posted about has garlic and onion powder - I despise onions and garlic.
bob65 said:
Neil from the Hippy Seed Company posted on facebook just the other day saying he has just tried a new corn chip that some one sent him to sample.

He said it was the hottest thing he had eaten and lost his sense of taste for 2 days.

He advised the maker stop making them before they kill somebody.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@dragon...Inside comments...ignore it.

To answer your question, no , I do not believe any USA shops carry those AUS ones. I'll update if so.

Their postage rates seem overpriced, I can send up to 500 grams for AU$17. The net weight of those chips is 50 grams.  :shocked:
hZxw3jc.jpg

A friend gets me these from Bali. (They are made in Indonesia)
IJ5OPXH.jpg

5zUNZob.jpg

The level 10 is true chillihead hot and they are pretty dang good. 

If I can be of any help, please let me know. 

Boss, I have a packet of level 10 with your name on it...just sayin'.

SR.

I appreciate the offer, but can't deal with garlic and shallots.
Shorerider said:
Their postage rates seem overpriced, I can send up to 500 grams for AU$17. The net weight of those chips is 50 grams.  :shocked:
hZxw3jc.jpg

A friend gets me these from Bali. (They are made in Indonesia)
IJ5OPXH.jpg

5zUNZob.jpg

The level 10 is true chillihead hot and they are pretty dang good. 

If I can be of any help, please let me know. 

Boss, I have a packet of level 10 with your name on it...just sayin'.

SR.

I don't think I'd want super hot corn chips. Combining that heat with how salty corn chips are doesn't sound good to me.

Back