• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ugh ?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. So I arrive home this evening to find the maintenance man pressure washing our house (as we rent) Then that nice aroma of bleach. Look and see half my plants covered in paint chips and dripping. Will this harm them? I moved them away from the house and rinsed them with clean fresh water. Just what damages might they suffer? Ugh I hate stupid ignorant people.

Wow, what a joke. I hope your not paying for the service and that (whether you are or aren't) you contact the company and get some sort of compensation if it does harm your plants. Also, isn't the whole point of pressure washing that you don't need soap/bleach??

Dude, that sucks, but I think you should be fine. Rinsing them was a great move.
Just be glad you're not the guy who posted last year about when he got home from work.
The neighbor was spraying fence stain/sealer,(very sticky stuff) and it coated all of his plants.

Ignorant, careless people suck.

Thanks guys fingers crossed. An no deff not paying for that incompitence. An yea read that post last year. Probably had the same feelings rush over me he did. Not a sight you wanna see.

LMAO! A Pro NO! That's why I'm so worried. Guess the best thing I can say is 2 of the Bhuts were the hardest hit. An I have 4 of them. An yes reimbursmant has been offered. Just a little to late to make up for what maybe lost. Only time will tell.

Pressure washing generally does not have bleech in it, that corrodes the metal portions of the sprayer and would get all over the lawn/etc killing grass and typical garden plants too. He probably bleached something else like concrete with fungal growth.

The issue with the pressure is the damage to the leaves and that often that water is steaming hot which can damage the plant too.

Back