• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

UK members I could use a little info/help

Well as stated I - or rather my BFF - could use a little info/help from our UK members.

My BFF is currently living in Australia and is trying to find a UK guy she knew back in 1978.

This is what she's told me:

His name is Paul McWatson, at the time he was living with his parents in Edinburgh 'just below the castle' is how she put it.

He was in Roskilde, Denmark in 1978 on the HMS Thornham and was about 20 years old.

If any of you have any idea how to locate Paul or how to look up people who sailed on the HMS Thornham or even better, know Paul, please let me know and I'll send the info on to her.

Thanks for reading :P

I wouldn't have a clue how to find him.  Facebook is normally quite good for this sort of thing but I assume she's tried that?

40 years is a very long time to want to get in touch with someone.  Is it a paternity issue? (Just being nosy!)  

@Mitzi Yes she's tried Facebook and no it's not about paternity ;) .

I just wanted to see if anyone here had any ideas about how to go about finding someone in the UK.

Maybe there's some place to find the guys who've been serving on the HMS Thornham in 1978 or what do I know.

Back