water underwater looking - just one branch

Hi

I had this strange thing happen to me yesterday. I have a hp22b growing in a DWC bucket and one of the (small) branches started to look like a wilted underwatered plant - it was just this small branch (about 10 leaves, just starting to show signs of budding up), the rest of the plant was fine. It looks ok today, but I am a bit curious about what caused that.

For a little background (if needed), the plant was extremely trimed as a seedling (cut all leaves and the top) and it really branched out. It had 7-8 "main" stalks, with flowers and fruit, while growing under HPS. In may I got it outside and one unlucky day the wind got to it - it broke off all but one branch - so I lost about 85% of the plant, but lucky for me one branch survived.

Now, this small wilting branch I'm talking about was is growing from the main stalk (which is really woody and thick, but about half an inch tall since the "accident"), so is very close to the ground. If that makes any difference.

I can't post any pics as the plant is fine now, sorry.

Thanks!

Glad to hear that the plant survived such a massive beating from the wind!
So, are you saying that the small wilting branch came back to life and has now grown into a happy little branch itself?

Back