• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Unidentified orange peppers

Hi all,

Can anyone help identify these peppers? Unfortunately my wife threw out the label when I had just planted them and I've completely forgotten. They were bought as a young grafted plant, from a garden centre chain so I don't think they be anything too crazily exotic. They had white flowers, producing a light green chilli which is ripening (so far) to a bright orange. The fruit are about 9-10 cm long...
PXL_20220912_144251669.jpg

Any help much appreciated!
Ben

Attachments

• PXL_20220912_144245411.jpg
    PXL_20220912_144245411.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 115
Just tried one, it's pretty hot - I'd say habanero levels. The heats on the lips and tongue rather than the back of the through. Medium flesh thickness. I'd have thought it looks a lot like an Aji Amarillo, but it's hotter than I'd expect from that. Not very distinct taste, not that fruity...

Reactions: BDP
Looks like you might have an Chinense/Ann hybrid there.. Calyx sure looks constricted to me. Given the look of them, I'd even say maybe Bhut/Ann hybrid, with the rough texture of the skin. Too bad the flavor isn't matching the heat.. Have you let one really get ripe yet? To make sure they are fully ripe?
I wrote off Sweet Datil the first time I tried it, feeling it was blandish.. Then I had one that was actually ripe.

Looks like you might have an Chinense/Ann hybrid there.. Calyx sure looks constricted to me. Given the look of them, I'd even say maybe Bhut/Ann hybrid, with the rough texture of the skin. Too bad the flavor isn't matching the heat.. Have you let one really get ripe yet? To make sure they are fully ripe?
I wrote off Sweet Datil the first time I tried it, feeling it was blandish.. Then I had one that was actually ripe.
I agree!

Back