• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Unique Peppers?

So i want to get a new type of pepper. I've got a pepper that provides flavor, cayenne (i hope!). I'm going to get one for heat, Trinidad Scorpion Butch T. I just want one more type of pepper, but this one needs the "wow" factor. I want a pepper that is going to make people ask what type it is because of it's pure awsomeness. I've seen the black pearl pepper, but i wasn't sure if there are any other "wow" peppers. I also was wondering if that pepper was worth growing (i dont like to just look at my peppers, i like to also use them in meals and stuff). Thanks for any and all suggestions.

I want a pepper that is going to make people ask what type it is because of it's pure awsomeness.

Pepper+-+Peter+Pepper.jpg

:dance:

The ButchT itself is usually enough to make most people I know "go wow". But then we are very limited to what is available in our groceriy stores here in Oz and most people don't realize there is a world beyond Cayennes, Birdseyes, Jalapenos and Habs. Oh yeah, and the multi-coloured ornamentals you can usually find at nurseries, etc.

You tell someone you are growing 50+ different varieties and they look at you questionably like they don't believe that many varieties even exist.... :lol:

Do you want people to say "wow that's hot" or "wow that tastes good"?

Yesterday I sliced and ate a fresh habanero by myself then without washing the knife blade I sliced a tomato. The tomato slices alone were too hot for some people.

With most of the peppers I grow, even including cayenne, if you put enough of them in food to make it a primary flavor, it is then too hot for the average person to enjoy. What I end up doing is adding small amounts of hot peppers for the heat level desired then pick among low heat peppers for the primary flavor such as anaheim, poblano, pimento, mirasol, etc.

Back