• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Unknown Disease

Anybody have experiences like this? This jalapeno plant was in a bed with 9 other ones when it started developing light green spots that would turn brown, and then finally kill the leaves after turning them yellow.

At first I left it in the bed and trimmed off everything sickly. When it spread throughout the plant, I pulled it entirely and moved it to the opposite side of the property (in retrospect, I probably should've put in the trash and forgot about it, but I was curious). Surprisingly, it's now growing and making some tiny little peppers, and it's no longer creating yellow leaves although it's very stunted and basically unusable.

Now..my tall healthy plants in the same bed are beginning to develop similar tall tale signs. Light green patches turning to brown here and there. Where I see it, I trim back at least a node or two and discard.

Anybody know what this is exactly? These jalapenos are in close proximity (but separate planters) to many habaneros, cayenne, and thai chiles which just seem immune to it entirely. Mainly curious as want to avoid next time if possible!

Attachments

• 20200818_212149.jpg
    20200818_212149.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 104
Back