• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Unknown pepper

Hi guys can anyone identify this pepper?
its about 200mm long  30mm across
Heat about same as Seranno

tHNwrnT.jpg

Also looks like the large Hybrid Serranos in the local Mex Mart here.

Looked up MM,the giant Serranos are only about 5in. long,not 7in.

I got a (NOT)Butch T plant last year from the nursery up the street and it put out pods a lot like that,very productive plant.
Not Cayenne,more like a Puya or something similar(Japone?).

Did you buy the peppers in a market or grow them?
Hot,mild or sweet?

I won't buy plants from Green Arrow/Green Thumb anymore-nursery up the street.
I literally used to deposite my paycheck there for years.

I used to go there almost daily to watch the trucks unload.
Not anymore.

They sell plants from growers and when you pay $4.00 for a super BUT get a Cayenne or?,they say it's not their fault...
They promise to replace your plant but never do...

I think a LOT of the recent growers are buying seeds online and growing them out for sales at nurseries.
They have no idea what the plants actually are that they sell to the vendors.
The buyer won't complain for a month or more-check is cashed...we get screwed...not the grower or vendor.

Besides the bug problems I get these days from their plants,they suck BIG TIME over the last couple years.

They used to have a GREAT selection of TRUE,Bug Free plants AND MORE varieties than any other nursery around had.

smokemaster said:
Also looks like the large Hybrid Serranos in the local Mex Mart here.

Looked up MM,the giant Serranos are only about 5in. long,not 7in.

I got a (NOT)Butch T plant last year from the nursery up the street and it put out pods a lot like that,very productive plant.
Not Cayenne,more like a Puya or something similar(Japone?).

Did you buy the peppers in a market or grow them?
Hot,mild or sweet?

I won't buy plants from Green Arrow/Green Thumb anymore-nursery up the street.
I literally used to deposite my paycheck there for years.

I used to go there almost daily to watch the trucks unload.
Not anymore.

They sell plants from growers and when you pay $4.00 for a super BUT get a Cayenne or?,they say it's not their fault...
They promise to replace your plant but never do...

I think a LOT of the recent growers are buying seeds online and growing them out for sales at nurseries.
They have no idea what the plants actually are that they sell to the vendors.
The buyer won't complain for a month or more-check is cashed...we get screwed...not the grower or vendor.

Besides the bug problems I get these days from their plants,they suck BIG TIME over the last couple years.

They used to have a GREAT selection of TRUE,Bug Free plants AND MORE varieties than any other nursery around had.
Hi there i bought the peppers on a farm......they have similar taste to seranno as well  bit fruity then a nice after bite
there were smaller ones as well that had an indentation in the middle of the pepper on both sides as if it was squeezed 
he could not tel me what either were because he got an unmarked bag of seeds for free

Back