• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Unofficial "Grounds for Divorce" review - Redhawk Premium Peppers

It's official! I am not a reviewer!

That said, here's my impressions of Redhawk Peppers "Grounds for Divorce".

Here's what it looks like (in the middle of course - so excited to try those other goodies!)
179560_10150992331980340_496229311_n.jpg

I first tried some on a spoon, as that seems to be all the rage among reviewers - I wanted to fit in. :cheers: The aroma was nice - had this fresh garden veggie smell to it with some garlic and just the tiniest hint of "danger" smell from the peppers.

The consistency was nice too - super smooth, and has a similar texture to a tomato soup - pours great, but not a "thin" sauce. Chunks of garlic and flakes of pepper - nice.
Great color too.

521882_10150992418565340_1546272761_n.jpg

It was YUMMY! Really subtle burn balanced with amazing garlic flavor, and a hint of sweetness from the tomato. Immediately knew I'd like this sauce on food.

This is what I had for dinner - meatballs with a hint of BBQ flavor & a nice Lagunitas with a warmed wheat pita.

306853_10150992432825340_1438348987_n.jpg

This is how I applied it (liberally)

563923_10150992417720340_1906255128_n.jpg

The flavor of this sauce truly shines through - it's all about flavor at first which is my preference all day. As you eat it, the heat creeps up on you, a little more with every bite. And the flavor is huge - complimented the hell out of these meatballs - I would use this on anything. Fish for sure, steak, chicken, pork chops, and I'm betting it's AMAZING on pizza. I'm a fan Dan!

I realize that the few reviews I've done make me sound like a homer for certain sauces, but that's just because if I don't care for a sauce I don't bother to write anything about it. This is a damn tasty sauce - the feedback I'd seen was all favorable - and I completely agree. I highly recommend Redhawk's Grounds for Divorce, and I cannot wait to try the XXX version - this is just so tasty!!

Gonna have some of the apricot/hab spread for breakfast tomorrow on an English muffin. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ps - I don't really feel right giving ratings scores, but I thought it was a truly delicious medium heat sweet-hot sauce that just works with food. That's the best way I can put it other than to say "GET SOME!!"

Well written review. I think there was some concearn about it not being hot enough for most, but I enjoyed the heat that brings out the flavor in the sauce as it is.

See, I'm ok with that - I can always buy the XXX version for more heat but the flavor profile of this ones just so nice I didn't mind the tame heat level.

If I had to go 1-10 on heat I'd say it starts out as a 3.5, but as you keep eating more (and you WILL keep eating more) it builds to a 4, 4.5

Certainly not gonna make the superhot fans get that endorphin rush, but for using it on food as an enhancement it's a slam dunk. :cheers:

Ps - that apricot-hab spread was off the charts awesome!!! Trying to think of other ways to use it - might try glazing some BBQ chicken with it this weekend. Yum!!!

:cheers:

No worries man - take your time.

II'll be bringing sausages to a BBQ tomorrow & the jalapeño relish is going to make an awesome compliment to 'em. Can't wait!

Oooooooh just wait a minute now. The relish is made 100% from different baccatums. I'll bet you didn't see that one coming! I guess the label is a little misleading...

Back