Update on my Reaper issues :)

Original link :http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53245-help-my-carolina-reaper-is-showing-some-weird-leaf-issues/

I took a lot of the advice you guys gave me and it's looking much better

I've temporarily re-potted it with a different soil and left out the Miracle Grow "seed starter mix". New growth is showing up where I trimmed off all the affected leaves, so I think it's going to be just fine :)   (even though it looks a bit goofy)

QP6Ty0x.jpg

911ntaP.jpg

zxN5EzG.jpg

Again, Thank you all for the recommendations and responses.

Next i'll be asking about theses little guys.....    :shocked:   Chi Chen, Red Morouga, Jwala Fingers, Butch T, Orange Scotch Bonnet, Giant ghost pepper(taking forever to germinate)

Anybody know anything about Giant Pumpkins lol

J5raqWx.jpg

rjgbs0A.jpg

Roguejim said:
What is that new soil you're using?  It looks like pure sand.

I put a thin layer of super fine sand over the top of the soil mix. It drains and drys super fast and keeps anything from growing if the soil stays damp for a few days.

If you ever get algae on the top soil, mix one teaspoon of h2o2 (hydrogen peroxide) with 1 liter of filtered water in a sprayer and spray the top of the soil and the algae will lessen or disappear :)

I use this with clones, seeds, and the toothpicks I use to hold the clones up. It works as an antiseptic to help prevent mold and algae. works well with starting seeds. Some people even soak seeds in h2o2 for a few seconds before sowing.

I even had a bad batch of Neptunes Harvest Crab Shell which caused a thick layer of white mold to cover the top soil. It even killed one [small] plant. I hit them with this simple solution and they are better, for now. The crab shell is still in the soil and I can't flush with the h2o2, I don't want to kill all of the beneficial organisms... It will just have to get better (dissipate) over time.

Back