• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Urfa and Maras peppers

I have been looking for the last few seasons for seeds to grow the Turkish peppers, Maras and Urfa. I have even written back and forth to people in Turkey without any luck. Does anyone hear grow either of these or know where to get seeds. I have dried crushed peppers of these varieties, but no luck getting the seeds to germinate.
Lou

welcome from florida :welcome: i have never even heard of those,but that doesnt mean anything as i know nothing,haha :mope:

I understand it is difficult to get seeds into the US and through customs. Evidently they require paper work and maybe also has a custom control difficulty. And maybe they xray the packs and kill the seeds. I have some seed packs that will fit in normal envelopes and maybe pass without problems. So If you can find a source in turkey or in the local region I will send you some of the covert packs to try. Just let me know.

It might be better to post a "Help needed for Turkish peppers" so that anyone from turkey will see the post quicker. Also the pepper might be grown in the area around Turkey; like around the Black sea; or Georgia;Armenia;Syria;Iran;Iraq. Might want to go to webs that are based in those areas and ask for seeds there.

Anyway good luck with your quest :pray:

Back