• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

USA Foods Australia

Hey to all the ChileHeads in the US of A.
I Want to check out this store and was wondering if there are any MUST BUYS and EEEWWWW DON'T TOUCH recommendations.

Most of thier hot sauces are Blair's. Not that keen on extract after reading reviews on THP
Anyway, doesn't have to be hot sauce as I'm keen to try anything YUMMO!

LINKY

Seems pretty pricey to me...

Right now, 1 U.S. dollar = 1.10656191 Australian dollars

So, why does it cost so much there?

example:

Cholula hot sauce, 12 fl oz, $17.99AUD (!!!!)

Mcilhenny tabasco, 5 oz, $7.99AUD (WTF?)

That's not including shipping.

Jeezus H Crispy...:shocked:

Hey to all the ChileHeads in the US of A.
I Want to check out this store and was wondering if there are any MUST BUYS and EEEWWWW DON'T TOUCH recommendations.

Most of their hot sauces are Blair's. Not that keen on extract after reading reviews on THP

IMO Stay away from Blair's Mega Death - Its the only one i have tried from Blair's......good heat but god awful extract taste!

Looking more into the link - It is very expensive i would suggest trying to find another website to make an order as some of these prices are crazy!

Most of thier hot sauces are Blair's. Not that keen on extract after reading reviews on THP

Hippy reviews lots of aussie sauces i only wish i could try such as -

www.alphanerdz.com
www.scorpionchilli.com.au
www.matchettproductions.com

Even tho i am from Canada i plan on making an order from hippy - i would suggest trying some of these as you are from Australia.

Link To Hippys Reviews

Oh my GAWD. I went to said store and brought some stuff.

1. McIlhenny Tabasco Chipotle. 6/10 Nice smoke flavour too much twang from the vinegar NO chile flavour.

2. Iguana En Fuego Ultra Hot Pepper Sauce. 4/10 Smells like extract and rotten cabbage. Tastes like rotten cabbage and extract. Frick all heat.

3. Blair's Zakk Wylde "Shot to hell" 3/10 Extract plus some hints of extract. No aroma (except extract), no taste just an instant burn with no build or flavour. Abosoodle SHYTE.

4. La Morena whole chipotle in adobo sauce 8/10 nice smokey flavour, bit too much creosete numbness. Sauce is nice but can't taste some ingredients such as bay leaf and oregano.

Waiting on THSC's Nagasav BBQ sauce...YEAH BABY!

Soon to follow, my own sauces...MWWAHAHAHA...heheheheheheheh cough hehehe FARK it.

IMO the best sauces ARE the ones you make yourself and refine over time to suit your tastes. I say start making your own as soon as possible and who knows you may strike gold!

You are going to enjoy that nagasav! :hell:

Gotta agree with Novacastrian on his point, making your own is so much better than the commercial products. I've only just started, and was VERY happy with my first batch. I've still got about 3 gallons of red hab mash fermenting, and am looking forward to trying a couple new things out.

Novacastrian said:
You are going to enjoy that nagasav! :hell:

+1

There are some good Aussie sauce makers right here on THP you could try out before shelling out cash for products you obviously didn't like.

Deathtosnails said:
Oh my GAWD. I went to said store and brought some stuff.

1. McIlhenny Tabasco Chipotle. 6/10 Nice smoke flavour too much twang from the vinegar NO chile flavour.

2. Iguana En Fuego Ultra Hot Pepper Sauce. 4/10 Smells like extract and rotten cabbage. Tastes like rotten cabbage and extract. Frick all heat.

3. Blair's Zakk Wylde "Shot to hell" 3/10 Extract plus some hints of extract. No aroma (except extract), no taste just an instant burn with no build or flavour. Abosoodle SHYTE.

4. La Morena whole chipotle in adobo sauce 8/10 nice smokey flavour, bit too much creosete numbness. Sauce is nice but can't taste some ingredients such as bay leaf and oregano.

Waiting on THSC's Nagasav BBQ sauce...YEAH BABY!

Soon to follow, my own sauces...MWWAHAHAHA...heheheheheheheh cough hehehe FARK it.

That sucks you didn't really try anything you enjoyed - like i said in my previous post you have lots of good hot sauces to try as you are in aussie.

Im jealous you get to try Nagasav before i do im sure it will be great! :lol:

I've had the La Morena chipotles in adobo, it's a pretty good product. Classic adobo flavor. Makes a good chipotle mayo, just add garlic.

+1 on the price ... you can find quite a lot of this stuff in the Asian / Import supermarkets for nearly half the price.

Back