• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

fermenting Uses for Pepper Mash

Now I know how stupid this sounds but other than using it as a base for sauces what other kinds of things can I make with pepper mash? Something I should have asked before making it I believe.

good question Patrick, I cant think of much else other than using in various sauces, like maybe a pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce or of course a standard pepper sauce. maybe you could use it instead of straight vinegar to pickle stuff in? I have no clue

There was a guy over on Gardenweb that would dry the mash when it was finished a made a powder from it. Sounded pretty good, and I might try that out when this next batch is ready. I have just been using it for my hot sauce.

jacob

Using it straight up eh? Now see that never entered my mind. I thought you had to use it as a base for things. Adding a dollop or two to a batch of pasta sauce or meatloaf and stuff sounds mighty fine. Thanks

Man all those ideas sound good. Usually I'll add some to a corn bread mix or to a pot of beans. I bet adding some to a squeeze bottle and filling it up the rest of the way with ketchup or mustard would be great too. Hum, I may just have to grill some dogs tonight. Oh, I especially like the meatloaf idea too.

Just happened to think of this, if you dried it you could use it as a rub or add some mositure for a mop for some great BBQ.

I'm starting to realize just how versatile a pepper mash can be. You can add flavor and heat to any and everything you want. Store bought sauces can now be adjusted flavor and heat wise. Soups, sandwiches, casseroles, meats anything you can cook! BBQ sauce isn't warm enough for you--add a dollop. Philly cheese steak sammy with peppers and onions--add a glob. You can truly take things up a notch with a good mash. Where has this been all my life?

Back