• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds using an 8tube t5 for starting pepper seeds??

If I use a 4ft t5 fixture with 8 tubes how far above the seedlings should I have it? When I used the light for young plants the average temp was around 90 deg. + at 6" and over 100 if it is a few inches away? wont that cook seedlings?

Yes... Are you growing in a tent? How many plants? Growing inside until fruit? Are you looking to grow plants just big enough to transplant?

don't go over 90 with your seeds, preferably 86F (30C)...

remember the lumen rating on the bulb is figured at 1 ft and 3000 lumens/ft[sup]2[/sup] is enough to grow to maturity IME...you can control the growth of your seedlings with the amount of light they get...I have found that 1500 lumens/ft[sup]2[/sup] works best for the seedlings, but that is the way I grow....if you have 6500K bulbs in your fixture, you are getting 40K lumens to the ~11 ft[sup]2[/sup] below it

really need more information on the grow area you are using like Ps said

sorry it was late when I posted this topic.
they will be grown on a table I made in my garage that has 3 enclosed sides lined with mylar front being open. with about 90 plants under it in 3.5" pots and they will be in that pot just until they need to be transplanted
I am wanting to put them under the light when they start to hook until they are ready to pot up.

Back