• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

using diet supplements for plants.

I'm finding it difficult to get the nutrients I need for my peppers. Can't find any hydro shops either!

Has anyone used diet supplements to provide it?

I'm thinking of diluting calmag tabs in water to provide my plants with the calcium they need.
I dunno what the ideal ppm would be though.

My plants are suffering and I'm finding it difficult to get the right product or any advice on what I need.

I'm finding it difficult to get the nutrients I need for my peppers. Can't find any hydro shops either!

Has anyone used diet supplements to provide it?

I'm thinking of diluting calmag tabs in water to provide my plants with the calcium they need.
I dunno what the ideal ppm would be though.

My plants are suffering and I'm finding it difficult to get the right product or any advice on what I need.
you wanna be careful using them because they have some possibly unwanted additives especially in the pill-form supplements that might cause problems, they might contaminate the water and cause problems with your plants
sad you cant find what you need that it designed for plants alone, i hope you can find them soon, unfortunately im not sure where to get them either
thanks your friend Joe

Thanks Joe.

My wife is a nutritionist, I didn't know that we have pure calcium powder in the cupboard even though I've been stressing about it the last few days!

I'll try it out on one plant and see what happens.

Thanks Joe.

My wife is a nutritionist, I didn't know that we have pure calcium powder in the cupboard even though I've been stressing about it the last few days!

I'll try it out on one plant and see what happens.
yeah as long as its pure i dont see a problem
go for it

thanks your friend Joe

Shrimp shells and fish bones are made primarily of calcium. Make a tea for several weeks to break them down some. You will want to do that outside because the smell can get pretty powerful. Grinding them up in a blender first should greatly accelerate the process.

Egg shells are a good source too. You'll have to almost powder them if you need the calcium now. You can't order any nutes online?

I can't find what I need in Japan online. If I order from the states it will take a while.

I've started collecting eggshell for when I next transfer.

Back