• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Variegated leaves...

I have a Paper Lantern Hab, that has some variegated leaves.Does it follow that the seeds from the peppers would produce same? I didn't know to isolate some, and whether that would make a difference or not.It is just one main branch also, not the whole plant.So?????
IMG_4826PaperLanternwvariegation.jpg

Shown on left next to a 'White Bullet'
whitebullet.jpg

Not sure if i know enough yet. but from what i understand, if this from a F1 generation then it may not show in the next. but you can always isolate a few pods after this set matures on that branch. Best bet would be to plant several of those seeds for next year to see if they carried. Anyone feel free to correct me. I could be totally off.

it might, variegation is a recessive gene and if a plant is close to one that is not and they cross the variegation will most likely not manifest itself with variegated leaves at least this has been my experience with some of my Fish pepper plants

the best thing to do would be to give it a try, also the fact that your paper lantern has it is good thing, mine do not and i have never seen variegation in that species before and that's not to say they dont, it really nice by the way!!

thanks your friend Joe

Back