• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Variegated Pepper Plants

skullbiker

Extreme Member
There has been a lot of talk/discussion about variegated pepper plants the last couple of years. As I was out and about yesterday I stopped at Home Depot for some things and as I strolled through their garden center vegetables...........there they were, Bonnie Candy Cane pepper plants for five bucks. If someone wanted to grow a variegated plant or two, this would be a painless way to give it a go.

C60B9207-AB9E-48EE-96CB-DFA0597C5B63.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
skullbiker said:
There has been a lot of talk/discussion about variegated pepper plants the last couple of years. As I was out and about yesterday I stopped at Home Depot for some things and as I strolled through their garden center vegetables...........there they were, Bonnie Candy Cane pepper plants for five bucks. If someone wanted to grow a variegated plant or two, this would be a painless way to give it a go.

In researching this I found it interesting how the fruit was "striped" @ different color stages...

candy-cane-red-peppers.jpg

That’s the same characteristic as my Scarlett’s Chili X Poblano F2 that is variegated.
56ce2a17eb6a21fea082c99af500f3f4.jpg

bfedc867b58a2f50581d8436fce98087.jpg
I sent the Scarlett's Chili x Poblano f1 seeds to many people. The f2 Scarlett's Chili x Poblano's are being grown all over the world as we speak. Definitely a beautiful cross and f3 selections from my personal garden from this cross are about to go out again, but this time to veterans first and foremost.

I sent the Scarlett's Chili x Poblano f1 seeds to many people. The f2 Scarlett's Chili x Poblano's are being grown all over the world as we speak. Definitely a beautiful cross and f3 selections from my personal garden from this cross are about to go out again, but this time to veterans first and foremost.
A nice cross PollenNut and sharing is what it's all about in these times.👍

A local upper crust grocery store had sweet peppers last week that were variegated red/yellow/orange under the name Hawaiian something. Possibly Hawaiian sunset or sunrise. I was tempted to buy one for seeds, but they were rather expensive. I bought a couple of cherry bombs instead, got the seeds, and threw the peppers into a pot of spaghetti sauce.

Back