• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video Video: Pod test Sugar Rush Cream (C. baccatum)

cruzzfish said:
Mine just started producing pods. Now I'm more excited for it.

I was having a hard time being able to tell if they were ripe but you can really notice at a certain point, you can see the white really start to bleed into the calyx/stem and they get a purplish hue to them
Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Good review, but what did you do that warranted locking you up in a padded cell?

*hyberbaric chamber

Great review man. I don't have any pods on my plants yet.

From what I know the original Sugar Rush is red and from South America I believe. Chris Fowler in the UK found a peach variant in his grow at some point. Chris Phillips found a white variant last year or the year before in his grow if I remember right. I believe he was growing the peach when he found this. I read somewhere that it might be a cross between a Sugar Rush peach and a Blondie but don't quote me on that. I got a couple of these last year in a box of pods I bought from Chris Phillips.

Scorched said:
Great review man. I don't have any pods on my plants yet.

From what I know the original Sugar Rush is red and from South America I believe. Chris Fowler in the UK found a peach variant in his grow at some point. Chris Phillips found a white variant last year or the year before in his grow if I remember right. I believe he was growing the peach when he found this. I read somewhere that it might be a cross between a Sugar Rush peach and a Blondie but don't quote me on that. I got a couple of these last year in a box of pods I bought from Chris Phillips.
Good info

I was thinking blondie at first but when I ate the other half of the pepper in the video the immediate taste made me think of white bell pepper.  When I bit into the half in the video I was expecting it to taste like Cereja, another baccatum I'm growing this year that I got from filmost.  The flavor of this pod is noticeably different from most baccatums, I wasn't expecting that at all and if it tasted a lot like most of them I probably wouldn't have liked it.  Some people rave about this species but I don't particularly like their flavor...I was pleasantly surprised by this one.  If it's a cross it might be with a different species like Tepin X Aji Lemon Drop (another fun and delicious plant!) I love growing peppers plants themselves and baccatums are very fun plants, especially with their tall growth habits...I don't knock plants because of their fruits.  For example, a lot of people don't care for the flavor of Pimenta de Neyde (incidentally one of my favorite flavored pods) but grow them because of how beautiful their almost black foliage is and their tall annuum-like growth habits.

muskymojo said:
Nice review. Sounds like one to try. You moved to Alaska?
Not entirely yet, I was there 3 weeks ago and I'm going back next month to live.  I have a few loose ends to tie up here (not many, thankfully).  I'm kind of bummed about having to leave my massive pepper crop at the height of summer but opportunity knocks.  I'm mailing 4-5 plants to myself to keep under grow lights and the people I'm moving in with already have some growing from seeds I sent them this past winter.

muskymojo said:
Nice review. Sounds like one to try. You moved to Alaska?
I was going to ask the same thing. Rough on the peppering, I'd think.

Helvete said:
Not entirely yet, I was there 3 weeks ago and I'm going back next month to live.  I have a few loose ends to tie up here (not many, thankfully).  I'm kind of bummed about having to leave my massive pepper crop at the height of summer but opportunity knocks.  I'm mailing 4-5 plants to myself to keep under grow lights and the people I'm moving in with already have some growing from seeds I sent them this past winter.

Thanks for the review! Interesting sounding pepper for sure. Lots of great info in this thread as well, took notes.

Have a friend who moved up to Alaska to make the ‘big bucks’ a 10+ years ago- worked on an oil pipeline in the far north (temps of -50 and lower at times!!). He’s travelled all over the state- it’s literally paradisiacal (of course it’s great wild open expanses I’m speaking of). I’d love to be going that way!

But….first thing I noticed…..the chop!! (is this recent? – Your last vid. = no chop!). Why’d you chop the hair all off (job related?). It looks great – you can pull off both looks no problem! I can’t! If I didn’t have longer hair/facial hair I’d look seriously young. Always have been around guys with longer hair- went to early school w/ lots of Native Americans (most boys had long hair…many waist length side braids), then the grunge/skater years, then bits O’ hippiedom, then the rockers/metalheads crew. I did go razor bald when 8 however- friend had cancer, a solidarity move. Worst sunburn..head was peeling/flaking for months, never again!

Wishing you the best in your Alaska adventure(s) and safe travels for sure!   :P

Alchymystic said:
Thanks for the review! Interesting sounding pepper for sure. Lots of great info in this thread as well, took notes.

Have a friend who moved up to Alaska to make the ‘big bucks’ a 10+ years ago- worked on an oil pipeline in the far north (temps of -50 and lower at times!!). He’s travelled all over the state- it’s literally paradisiacal (of course it’s great wild open expanses I’m speaking of). I’d love to be going that way!

But….first thing I noticed…..the chop!! (is this recent? – Your last vid. = no chop!). Why’d you chop the hair all off (job related?). It looks great – you can pull off both looks no problem! I can’t! If I didn’t have longer hair/facial hair I’d look seriously young. Always have been around guys with longer hair- went to early school w/ lots of Native Americans (most boys had long hair…many waist length side braids), then the grunge/skater years, then bits O’ hippiedom, then the rockers/metalheads crew. I did go razor bald when 8 however- friend had cancer, a solidarity move. Worst sunburn..head was peeling/flaking for months, never again!

Wishing you the best in your Alaska adventure(s) and safe travels for sure!   :P
I've had long hair most of my adult life but I chop it back every once in a while, in this case it's job related but I'm glad I did it since it's so hot and humid in Virginia, always is during summer.  It's like breathing syrup and when it's that humid your sweat doesn't evaporate like it's supposed to XD.  I'm moving mostly for the opportunities there, there is a lot of work up there and apparently not enough good help and the pay is much more than I can make in rural Virginia.  I'm an industrial machinist by trade so I'm looking at doing machine maintenance on cannery conveyors and such since I have a lot of experience with agricultural conveyors and machining the parts associated with them.

Back